Swinger II carb/exhaust setup....

I picked up a JCP Swinger II yesterday. The bike is 100% stock. The bike only tops out at around 23 mph. It has a 12mm carb/intake, #72 jet and a restricted exhaust pipe. Why would Puch use a #72 jet with a 12mm carb when comparable Puch Maxis with 12 mm carbs came with #56-#64 main jets? With such a large main jet, why would they also restrict the exhaust pipe?

Very strange.....

Re: Swinger II carb/exhaust setup....

Most mopeds are restricted, it's up to us to unleash the potential.

Çhåvëz • /

Is the jet larger because of the different intake?

The intake looks like a standard 12mm Puch intake.

Çhåvëz • /

Sorry, I meant air filter.

Puch Magnums use that same air filter, and I've never seen a Magnum with a main jet larger than a #64.

I've seen it too. Bings came with a lot of variation it seems in:

-Needles (different tapers-look at rings below clip notches)

-Atomizers

-Slides (different bottoms/cutaways)

-Jets

-Air boxes (cigar and flat-fat and skinny snorkel with or without restrictor)

Plus the restriction in the pipe.

No idea why they did it. Maybe to satisfy the various states hp ratings? In the performance realm, bings are soooo much more tunable then most riders give them credit for.

campeona del mundo /

My friend has a bone stock pinto 2 and it was JUST like yours mopedlar. Came with a ridiculously high main jet, 74 I think. that bike never really runs right though. Everything has been gone over and we've tried down jetting to something much more reasonable yet it still runs like shit.

My swinger had a 12mm carb and a 72 jet to. Ran OK i guess. I was surprised to see that big of jet in there.

Maybe it has its original break-in jet?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account