tomos part, found in storage...what is it?

made of fiberglass (top) and metal on the bottom. is it just for looks or storage or what? anyone have a photo of it on a tomos moped? thanks.

1290909808_112710_002.jpg

Re: tomos part, found in storage...what is it?

Damn, that's cool. I've never seen anything like it. From the shape of it though it just looks like it would slip nicely onto a bullet frame.

a home job maybe? That sticker is straight off the side of a bullet.

never seen anything like that on a tomos

i'm thinking somebody just stuck a tomos sticker on it

loos like a gas tank but the black things coming down are weird maybe n 80's tomos tank? any more pics of it?

only other pic i have. the top has a locking hasp, and you can probably see the hinges where it opens up (under the silver "tank"). my guess is to open it up fill the gas tank on your silver bullet. maybe it cradles in the frame and the rest is to make your bike look like a top tank? thanks for the responses.

1290916908_112710_003.jpg

looks like some thing that somebody threw NOS tomos bullet tank stickers on.

i was gonna guess it was from some small tomos motorcycle from the 70s but having THOSE decals doesnt make sense.

Homemade alternative to an actual factory top tank. Sticker was put on a small motorcycle tank and a piece of metal was attached by a hinge to fill in the void. Prolly was put on a silver bullet. Would have been cooler if the metal wasn't attached cuz that tank looks like the perfect size for a bullet.

I have the real answer folks. It's a part for the Tomos converted to a jet ski, the black thing handing down is the rudder of course............

update!! i tried it on my tomos frame & it works!! (now its a toptank!) maybe we can all rest easy tonight! i have never seen anything like it...i don't think it was homemade by the way it was constructed, a definate rare bird.

1292989191_121910_003.jpg

Gotta be homade, Hinge?? Totally cool though, Way better than an ugly Targa tank, Plus Sparkle paint...RAD

Looks awesome. So now you would have a storage under that tank.

wow thats pretty wild. homemade relic from the 80s?

† CH∆D † /

Wow! Thats super cool. Its just a shell right, no fuel cell?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account