mass springtime cannonball run

who would be into this? as adam suggested... teams of two, <100 miles, party at finish, group ride back the next day? sounds so rad!

Re: mass springtime cannonball run

So down. All through new england?

I'd be down.

I was thinking start somewhere in mass, end at the top of the Kancamagus, then down the other side for some camping...? (that'd be one hell of a last stretch, haha)

Absolutely!

Where shall we go?

What will the winning prize be?

the winning prize will be... i won't kick your ass.

Not enough incentive there. How about a suitcase full of money? or moped parts? fuck it let's make the prize beer...

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

beer would be discriminating to our sxe/underage/teetotaler demographic. maybe a few day passes to a spa for a little r&r?

A treats gift certificate and a trophy made from junk cranks with one of those little Barbie mopeds at the top (painted gold of course)

Yeah, we could do $20 to enter, winner takes all sort of thing.

Would GPS be allowed, or should it be paper nav only?

gps would be very useful and even if you didn't allow it, lots of people have it on their phones.

Ohhh.. yeah.

I got my team ready.

Any limits on mopeds, thinking smoke screens and oil slicks with revolving plates should be no problem.

How about no plates at all ;). wow if it was close enuff to me i would so be down for this. Hummmmmm i think you all gace me a idea on what to do with my stock rusty cranks weld shit to them.

cool guy isnt the right name for you cam

haha cory said spa

id be up for this but id do it by myself i know nh very well not only roads but also the state ohrv trails also il prolly have a nh moped plate this year so im guaranteed not to get stopped hell il even get a nh ohrv sticker too

also beer is a bad first prize what if i win i dont drink beer

can it be a whole bunch of mountain dew instead

only rule is mopedjay can't compete.

i like the entrance fee winner takes all idea.

there should be multiple classes and the slower peds leave first.

no gps, paper maps only!

aw what you dont like any competition

or is it cause i wont get lost like you would i dont need gps or a map

fuck rules cam, in a cannonball run it's no holds barred!

I need to build a sidecar for this shit...

I can see it now jay...

The guy in first place is homing in on the finish line. All of a sudden you blast out of the woods on a janky jawa offroad/moped beast, and take the victory, haha

I agree w/ the no rules bit... that _is_ what cannonball is about. Though, I'd agree with paper maps only. Planning you're own route ahead of time, rather than just listening to a gps, is part of it too, imho.

id use my shitty garelli vip for this unless i come across another 210 2 speed

i would be down, i would say i can't drink beer, but i probly won't win anyways

How about the winner gets a free (and NOT optional) Burt Reynolds tattoo

Things are in the works for a similar event nearby. But I would Love to come win this event too.

And we can all leave at the same time. When I pass you on my slow bike while you are seized on the side of the road, I'll wave.

Gear for, HIM.

I just finished watching the cannonball run. I'm so ready for this.

I got an idea. What about a Cape Cod cannonball run? Start in Bourne just past the bridge and race to the tip of the cape in P-Town. Then we can have a party on the beach...

definitely not long enough^

I think we should start in rhode island or mass, and go up to northern new hampshire or even maine, good distance to cover for a 2-3 day weekend event...

this would be a ton of fun. I'm down for anything.

cool guy camron /

i hate winter so much

Cam, we're on a team. Just say "go" any time every and I'll start.

if it's going to be over a few days I'd rather do it when it gets warmer. As I suggested in the other post a 100 mile 1 day ride would be my suggestion. Camp the night and all ride back together as a group the next day. It would be nice if we could have some kind of chase van too; even though I'm a vicious competitor I wouldn't want to leave a peddler stranded.

Corey, did you suggest day passes to a spa as a prize? jesus fucking christ kid, don't you play in a punk band?

Oh, and because it's not a very legit cannonball run (many days), I suggest combining it with a scavenger hunt. we make a list of things you find, which equate to time deductions. Then we settle the score at the end.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account