Powdercoating vs dollas

I'm thinking about getting some parts done; spokes, rims, top ends, maybe even a case or 2. Is it worth the moneys to get parts powdercoated on something if selling it might be inthe near future? Any decent return on investment?

Re: Powdercoating vs dollas

No, I would'nt advise it as a investment return. You will never re-coup your money on a moped build. The people Ive seen going to the trouble and expense to powder coat do it, it seems to me, because they genuinly love the build they are doing, and plan to keep the bike for quite some time.

I made an offer of 500.00 to one builder for a half finished

He looked at me like I just offered him the steam off my shit.

If your just going to sell a stock build, rattle can it

I do powder coating cheap. you just need to do the stripping. frames starting at 60.00 solid colors only. I`m going to do my spokes soon so if ya want to do yours I can do them cheaper since the oven is already hot. 586.909.2879 thanks Mike

Save your money and buy some Krylon!

I would be more apt to buy a bike that was Prepped for powdercoating/painting so that I could pick the color myself

Customizing mopeds isn't about "return on investment", it's about love. If you're building a moped you're gonna keep, powder it. If you're just going to sell it, leave it be.

A nicely powder coated maxi frame is worth more than a beat up nasty one, but not by much. Spokes, top ends, cases, not worth it.

I'm powdering my moby for it's rebuild, but I'm planning on keeping it forever. Also, it'll hold up better for the long term, as I put around 1500 miles a year on it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account