Sachs Eagle III

† CH∆D † /

scored! Paid $380 for it. Never seen one in real life, I actually really like it. In photos they kinda look bulky I find, but its super slender!

505-1D on it. The jug has a weird hole on the bottom left that smoke billows out. Its a factory hole. What is that? Pics tomorrow

Runs well. Alittle stuttery but its a smooth ride. Coaster brake is soooo fun! Reminds me of killing BMX tires every summer doing forever skids.

Im looking for info on stuff like fork oil? I wanna flush/rebuild the forks...couldnt find a thread on it. Will look more into that tomorrow. Help?

The throttle spins & spinds, hillarious.

Carb is super leaky.

Havent gotten to take out the tools & go over it. Will do tomorrow.

Any links/etc would be splendid.

1290309596_shouldi.jpg

Re: Sachs Eagle III

are you referring to the decomp hole? its on the clutch cable, you can take it out and cover it up runs just fine with out it

† CH∆D † /

naw its beneath the decomp hole. Ill get it to the shop later for pics

LanceCampeau.com /

Saw that ad on Kijiji.... nice score.

† CH∆D † /

Thanks dude. My GF wanted to go to yorkdale. I thought Id make it interesting as this bike was just behind that mall. Killing dos birdos with uno stoneo

Its not soooo clean, but sexy.

Lance I wanna ride next year. I make the trip out I hope

nice score , i would love to have one myself

i had problems with the carb on my sachs leaking , just swapped it out for a bing 15mm

good luck with it

I saw the ad also - good price - easy to work on and goes quick just like that.

† CH∆D † /

Heres a pic of that leaky hole I mentioned.

This is riders left under the jug, basically 180 degress below the decomp.

I cleaned her up a bit today. Ran it in the field, runs well! Just smokes out that hole & alittle round the decomp.

Any idea what that thing is?

1290371472_sachsjug.jpg

It's the decomp hole. The decomp valve mechanism is on the top, the vent hole is on the bottom. If it's leaking you need a new decomp mechanism.

† CH∆D † /

Oh cool. I get it. Right on thanks!

Went out again on it just now in the dark. So fun! Its super quiet & torquey

i see what you did thar! :D

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account