holy shit german engineering.. twin e50 maxi

this twin e50 maxi is super charged wtf??? sure most of you have seen this but wtf..

Re: holy shit german engineering.. twin e50 maxi

posted this a couple weeks ago, not a single reply.

super fucking cool.

holy crap. that's pure win.

Hey i posted that same thing about 6 months ago. and i had lots of replys.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

no exhaust pipes + no oil in left motor + enough air leaks that it'll keep running with his hand closing off the carb completely = this bike probably never ran much more than what we saw in the video.

plus the way the hooked the two motors together is pretty stupid.. the whole set up is relying on one dinky woodruff key.

i dunnoooooooo

and one clutch with that much force.. shit..

they built that motor but could only prop it up a step stool

Klen Kahdidlehopper /

Left motor doesnt need tranny oil and minarelli clutches dont even have a woodruff key, just a tapered shaft. Buuut that fact that it runs with the intake closed off 100% is fucked.

Is that one of those stupid turbo fans after the carb ?

shitty german engineering.. twin e50 maxi

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

the left motor does need oil to keep the tranny side crank bearing lubricated. they have two motors linked by what appears to be coupling nuts going from the right motor's flywheel to something where the clutch goes on the left motor. the flywheel on the right motor is held in place by a woodruff, and if the left motor has even a fraction more or less power, that woodruff is going to be under a ton of stress.

Re: shitty german engineering.. twin e50 maxi

funny how these videos always show it running on a stand.. and 8 months later still no videos of it rolling an inch..

most likely a fail or it was so crazy the dude riding it died cuz the drum brakes couldnt stop it fast enough before he hit a 90 degree turn into a brick wall.. id say fail though

Klen Kahdidlehopper /

oh snap i forgot about that silly little seal being on the trany side of the crank bearing.

Klen Kahdidlehopper /

i mean crank side

The fact that the motor still runs for a second with the carb completely shut is normal for a turbo'd carberated motor set up draw thru (with the carb before the turbo). The turbo is full of compressed air and gas mixture. This means you get super shitty throttle response just like it showed in the video. it doesn't mean there is an air leak necessarily. You would get better throttle response in a blow through set up, but it takes a lot more work.

the day somebody does this right...is gonna be cool

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account