Re: Buying a moped - what to look for

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi,Morgan! I'm not too desperate for a used `ped ,so I can afford to be picky.This will usually save you some unexpected repairs and that's what we're after,right? I always recommend to people that ask me about checking out a used car or anything with an engine, that they don't buy it unless they are allowed to take a good long drive on it.That's when you'll learn what condition the vehicle is really in.Thick ,cold lubricants can hide a multitude of problems and noises that become apparent with full throttle,start and stop,hot engine and tranny conditions.And whatever you do, check the brakes for stopping power before you speed up.Now if you're desperate and are buying ultra cheap,without the bike running,it's a gamble and I'd recommend taking a very knowledgable person with you,even if you have to pay him a little to help you.He or she could save you a lot more down the road.See you later!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Buying a moped - what to look forTopic by: Morgan Patterson Morgan Patterson 05/16/01 05:47PM
  Re: Buying a moped - what to look forRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 05/16/01 06:00PM
  Re: Buying a moped - what to look forRe: Hellcat Carrie Hellcat Carrie 05/16/01 07:41PM
  Re: Buying a moped - what to look forRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 05/16/01 07:57PM
  Re: Buying a moped - what to look forRe: Ken Ken 05/16/01 09:27PM
  Re: Buying a moped - what to look forRe: Chris Chris 05/16/01 10:53PM
  Re: Buying a moped - what to look forRe: Miguel Miguel 05/17/01 02:23PM
  Re: Buying a moped - what to look forRe: don-ohio don-ohio 05/18/01 09:11PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account