Re: Leaning on your moped

no groms no blasters /

let's have a challenge:

all people who think gyroscopic force keeps your moped upright shall prove it by locking their front wheel into place and blasting.

So most of the poeple in this thread haven't even addressed the OP's issue...

When you're riding you want to try and have an even balance of your weight between the front and back wheels.

When you go in for a sharp turn it is important to load the front wheel as you enter the turn. You can do this by leaning more towards the front or applying the front brake before turning. This helps the front wheel stick to the ground when you're leaning into a tight curve. The most common accidents I've seen have happened when someone doesn't load their front wheel coming into a turn and they end up losing traction in the front and taking a spill. If you need more help learning how to corner correctly and efficiently just turn on a Moto GP race, or any professional racing for that matter and pay attention to how they approach corners and the path that they take on the track.

some good advice in here.

lean forward, get that front wheel stuck. accelerate as you pull out of the bank

i have a phobia of using brakes when cornering... throttle play and think ahead

yes, you can do that too... but with sticky bearings in my steering column, I have felt how much even a slight hindrance causes in control. it makes ya HAVE to lean to compensate if you don't steer. is this all a joke, has no one ever ridden a bike before?

Does this work?

I had the same questions about leaning until I ate shit around a corner that I continuously tried to take faster and faster. Itss super tight so I wasn't going too fast and I didn't get too fucked up. It was actually a good thing that it happened; I found the limit at 15 mph instead of 50. Did that on Savas, ordered Huchinson GP1s the next day, they are 100 times better.

wow! You almost disprove me, but still he could not have done that without steering. way cool though, I am impressed still. I would have maybe guessed he'd fall, but it still looks not that easy to stay balanced on it. Definitely the gyroscopic force is helping him some.

no groms no blasters /

no, it's not. what's helping him is that the front wheel is spinning on that roller, which allows it to move right and left and right himself. See what happens if you disconnect the front roller from the rear. Or, do like I said earlier and see what happens when you lock the forks so the front wheel can't turn.

it is somewhat... but yep, he has to steer to keep it.

no groms no blasters /

next on Deezy, Quatto, and Stever Lead a Horse to Water...

_Heavy Objects Fall at the Same Rate as Light Objects_

Stay tuned for all the excitement!

@stever

thank you stever, i learned something new today

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account