Yamaha QT50 Yamahopper vs. Honda Express

Guys

Which is more dependable and better for parts, etc?

I found a QT50 w/ 800 miles locally for $400, current registration.

I still am prone to Honda for reliability.

thx

bob

Re: Yamaha QT50 Yamahopper vs. Honda Express

They are prob pretty equel, if the Qt-50 is un molested and all lighting is in working order I would choose it, #1 shaft drive, #2 straight kick start vs the evil wind up spring start on older expresses. Both are good machines, Yamaha is no slouch quality wise. Qt-50 weakness is in it's crazy complex wireing harness.

this time, i'd have to go with the qt50... bunch out there, running, and lots of parts.. seem hardy.

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

QT50 FYW. You wont feel as cramped on it vs a express. Also the EXACT same engine was used for 20+ years on the Yamaha PW50 so there are ton of engine drive train parts.

And you can make it faster

Thanks, guys

What kind of tranny on the QT?

bob

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

It's shaft driven with a rear gear hub. Virtually indestructible. You can take the gearset out of a PWt50 for higher gearing. You'll just have to press out and swap the wheel shafts. You'll want to change the springs in the clutch for racing ones to help.with takeoff. I have a hopped up gear set ready to go for sale for $60.00 shipped plus your old core. Let me know if you're interested.

laser,

I'll keep that in mind. I think the one on CL sold :(

What size wheels do the QT and Xpress have?

Seat height if anyone knows?

thx

bob

Rollin 14inchers

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account