How does a '82 honda express perform?

I am thinking about buying an '82 honda express moped.

I was just wondering if there was anyone with one. If so is it pretty fast? like 25mph at least? Is it pretty peppy?

thanks

will G

Re: How does a '82 honda express perform?

Will, I have an 82 express-SR that I just got running and I love it. It tops out at just over 25 mph but it gets there very quickly, much quicker off the line than my Avanti Autopower moped. the Avanti will beat it down the road but the honda is a much nicer machine. If my wife wouldn't pitch a fit I'd buy another one in a minute. Ken

well, i have a 1980 and let me tell you this:

it Rocks!

love it.

mmmm love it.

-c.

I'm a proud owner of a 1977 Honda Express, two in fact (one for parts). I believe 77 was the first year that they were made. (My Clymer repair manual is for 77-80). I was just looking around different web sites, checking out Kinetic TFR's, thinking about selling my Honda and buying a Kinetic. I quickly scrapped that idea after reading about Kinetic parts falling off and breaking. With the exceptions that my Honda doesn't have pedals, and that it looks incredibly nerdy, I can't say enough good about it. It starts easily, even cold, runs about 27 mph, and doesn't lose too much uphill. All this at an elevation of 5700 feet above sea level. Great bike!

You guys aren't helping my cause by bragging up your bikes. I'd love to find another express-SR in good condtion for what I paid for the last one, and I'm not giving that secret away, but all this positive feedback won't help. I have to admit though, they are great.

Sorry Warfish, but I'm so proud of mine that I want to post a pic. Can I do that here? Does anyone know? I'm gettin' my digital camera out right now.

Okay, I think this might work. Here's a pic of my "hog". I named her "piglet". That's not really my "ol' lady" on the bike, but let's pretend. And that the beach is really my backyard. Yah!

piglet.jpg

Well I see my pic didn't post as planned. Nevermind. If you want to see her, you'll have to got to the photo page.

i can see your picture, but...

that looks an awful lot like my butt, on MY bike! where did you get that.

-c.

Cheryl, Thanks. I thought the pic didn't post. Is that your beach too, or were you at a friend's? I had a hunch we ride alike. Someday when I have time, I'll really post one of my bike. I do have a yellow one, but it's only for parts. Mine that I ride is lime green, with a yellow fuel tank and footpegs. Catchy huh? By the way, that pic was from the cover of my Clymer repair manual.

NO FAIR

Ron Brown /

Greg,

How could you do that!

Ther were thousands of moped riders world wide trying to get themselves and thier peds to Cheryl's to go for a ride.

Now all our bubbles are burst.

You will be held personally responsible for the masses of pedders involved in collisions with immovable objects this week end. After all, what is there left to live for.

Oh yes, I remember, my ignition problem. Well, back to the garage.

Ron

Re: NO FAIR

Sorry Ron,

Some have what it takes, others don't. In this case, I think it was the Honda Express that gave me the edge.

Greg

(uh-oh, have I really become the dweeb that my son alleges? Someone tell me it's okay... please.)

Re: NO FAIR

Ron Brown /

Greg,

It's OK, I got over it. As for being a dweeb, depending on your son's age, this is expected. Secretly, he is probably impressed and can't wait to get his own ped.

Ron

thanks for all the help!

please stop using this message

thanks,

Will G

I bought my express '82 about 6 months ago w/ 1800 miles on it it ran good all it needed was a gas cap because the old one caused a vapor lock everytime. Now there 2800 miles on it and my turn signals, brake ,and back lights don't work at all im not sure what happened to it I bought a new bulb and it still dosen't work. If any one thinks they have an idea please let me know

I traded a pushmower for mine. ididnt pay for that either best things in life are free

I have a blue and silver 1982 Honda Express.

they kick ass. the faster one goes about 28 mph.

40 mph downhill hehe

-James

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account