Re: Outside temperature/starting

Lane /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Mine 2000 tomos targa lx (that's for chris..lol) always needs the choke to start and i gotta let it warm a few before i run it when it's cold (under 50 or so). It seems to love hot weather the best but loses noticeable power in humid (foggy or rainy) conditions. But it always starts in two or three kicks at the most (sorry to admit i bought the "no-ped").

But, i have noticed on other engines with points ignition i've worked on that in humid conditions, the points get damp and it weakens the spark. But simply cold weather is a prob with either the plug or the choke as the other guys have already mentioned.

Too bad my carb doesn't have a mixture screw...i don't really understand why it doesn't unless they wanna make you buy jets in order to experiment. My nephew's go cart has such a screw and i adjust as i go in order to get the best mixture for that particular day...i guess that'd be too easy and now i'm rambling...

Best of luck,

Lane

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Outside temperature/startingTopic by: Rick Rick 05/15/01 12:57AM
  Re: Outside temperature/startingRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 05/15/01 10:23AM
  Re: Outside temperature/startingRe: stonnerdog stonnerdog 05/15/01 11:10AM
  Re: Outside temperature/startingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 05/15/01 11:33AM
  Re: Outside temperature/startingRe: Lane Lane 05/15/01 09:32PM
  Re: Outside temperature/startingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 05/16/01 11:25AM
  Re: Outside temperature/startingRe: Lane Lane 05/16/01 10:33PM
  Re: Outside temperature/startingRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 05/17/01 10:52AM
  Re: Outside temperature/startingRe: Lane Lane 05/21/01 06:19PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account