air leak?

puch pinto with 16.16 dellorto shorty intake.

when I start the moped it idles fine. when I go to ride it it is very slow is that because it is running rich? after sitting on the stand it will idle for a while then I give it gas and it bogs down and dies. right now it won't stay running for more then like 2 seconds but after I let it sit for awhile it will do all this over again.

1286022775_cimg2518.jpg

Re: air leak?

have is runnin g if you can. spray carb cleaner around seals gaskets if it dies there is where leak is.

Re: air leak?

I had the same problem with my ped, and im a newbie. Everytime i pulled the throttle it would slow down and die out. Would run if i did't pull the throttle to much, but i'd be slowing down traffic. I was on a side street anyway road testing the bike. Anyway I check the fuel line and there was small particles in the fuel line. So i replaced the fuel line, and put on an in-line filter and runs like a champ now. Im still gonna clean the tank out over the winter. And replace petcock. But its runs good for now. Hope this helps.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account