Re: honda pa-50 II idling issues

Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Your carb is dirty inside.

Anytime a bike runs with the choke on ... but won't run with the choke off.. thats what it is.

I will repost my "Fix your Ped" guide above in a second.. Read in there about how to clean the carb.

The problem with cleaning a PA50 carb is getting the carb out(big pain)... the best way is to suspend the frame from an overhead rafter and hoist the stand just a little off the ground... then remove the bottom R shock mount bolts... and the large "through frame" bolt under the footboards... then the throttle cable at the carb... then hoist the frame a little more... and swing it out of the way.

....There is the carb...... (I find it best to leave the reed block attached (so just take out the 4 screws on the motor)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  honda pa-50 II idling issuesTopic by: pat pat 05/14/01 01:34PM
  Re: honda pa-50 II idling issuesRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 05/14/01 02:34PM
  Re: honda pa-50 II idling issuesRe: Fred Fred 05/14/01 02:34PM
  Chris and FredRe: Pat Pat 05/15/01 07:15PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account