Re: honda pa-50 II idling issues

Chris Robertson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

You need to increase your idle speed:

1. Take the plastic floor covers off.

2. You will see the carburetor on top, towards the rear of the compartment you just opened. Consult the attachment for an idea of what it looks like (note that the carb in the diagram is rotated on its side).

3. Warm up the engine --go for a 10 minute ride.

4. Tighten the <i>stop screw</i> (see diagram) a few turns. The stop screw will be accessible from the right side of your moped.

5. With the engine running on the stand, slowly loosen the <i>stop screw</i> until the rear wheel no longer spins (stop the wheel from time to time with the rear brake to check). You want the engine running fast enough that it won't die, but slow enough that the rear wheel won't turn at idle.

If you cannot get the rear wheel to stop turning without the engine dying let us know.

Good luck!

Chris.

Page18.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  honda pa-50 II idling issuesTopic by: pat pat 05/14/01 01:34PM
  Re: honda pa-50 II idling issuesRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 05/14/01 02:34PM
  Re: honda pa-50 II idling issuesRe: Fred Fred 05/14/01 02:34PM
  Chris and FredRe: Pat Pat 05/15/01 07:15PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account