ZA50 : how do I make the clutch slip?

I have a Puch with a ZA50 2-speed motor. I am having trouble going up hill. On the flats the bike pulls 1st gear and 2nd gear well. However, uphill is a real drag. Is there a way to make the clutch slip to high RPM so the bike will pull uphill?

Re: ZA50 : how do I make the clutch slip?

Pick one and done....

Clutch flip (only to be done in conjunction with one of the other three)

Re-gear

Kit

Pipe

it'll still shift even if you are going uphill after the flip. get a pipe or kit as mentioned.

1- Remove weight per clutch shoe in small increments.

2- Clip spring about 2 rotations at a time to increase spring tension until you find a perfect stall.

Get choke PUCH riders up Aiea Heiau. I've pretty dormant for awhile though. AlohaZ

veggie oil

thats what i run in mine

Ben Van Zoest /

Nah, decompression grease!

Seriously . Use Royal Purple 75-90 weight gear oil . For reals

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Fill it with pineapple juice.

Gnihton orez /

cake batter works great

has anyone actually clipped za50 springs? i've seen it with the tomos' and people talk about it on the za50 but i haven't seen it

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

i'm sure some have. Its exactly the same idea as the tomos which I've done and know works.

i dont know i hear that the springs are a lot harder to get back into the za50 clutches than the tomos ones

Rigid76 tuning methods work great for his level of attention to detail. For most moped riders who can't hardly finish a sentence, the easiest way is to change your gear box oil. Use Motul 10w-40 Transoil Better lube and good slip.

I bought the sweet clutch pair from treats, and stupidly ran it will the bell of looking at the clutches because 1st would go on the ground...

i reved it and stretched all the 3 springs in 1st gear like an idiot.

Now i need to find replacement springs or buy a new one to replace my 15sec clutch i used.

Doh.

These i bought.\

http://www.treatland.tv/puch-ZA50-1st-gear-treat-clutch-p/puch-za50-1st-gear-clutch.htm

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account