"Please sir don't shoot me again."

Tptwo Tptwotwo /

I had been talking to this big blue, see, when I sneezed, and had to blow my nose, and pulled out my hankie and said, "Shoot!" Meaning I didn't want to interrup our conversation but had to. Seiously, there are good cops and bad cops.

Re: Stuff the Cops have said to you?

I was pulled over doing 50 in a 35 once on the maximos. Officer asked how fast I was going, and I explained that my bike did 30, long story short he had a garelli and pulled me over for moped help. We emailed a few times.

that's pretty awesome

Pulled over for doing 39 in a 25. Cop [actually federal po po] tells me why he pulled me over, I tell him "But sir my speedo only goes to 30", po po...Well there ya go then. He then says "And you maintained 39 all the way up that hill."

I'm thinking yeah...wanna see me do 50 up the hill but didn't say anything hoping not being a smart ass would fend off a ticket.

Nope. Shoulda said it.

Fresh out of high school I bought a 1986 Suzuki Cavalcade, first motorcycle I'd ever owned, and I was driving on a motorcycle permit.

Got pulled over speeding, 50 in a 35. The cop was an older cop, the kind that calls you "son".

We went through the whole "Why did you pull me over" dialog. Finally the cop says hes going to write me a ticket and needed my motorcycle license and registration.

To which I replied "I don't have a motorcycle license.".

Wow did he get excited, he asked me to get off and have a seat in his cruiser. Then he told me how we were going to leave the bike on the side of the road and he was taking me back to police department. He was truly excited, wanted the parents number so he could call them and have them pick me and the bike up. He was making a call to the station when

I simply said "I do have a motorcycle permit, do you want that too?"

His exact words, now imprinted on in my mind, never to leave, as they were screamed at me, were....

"Son, when an officer of the law pulls you over and ask you for a motorcycle license, let him know you have a permit! Now get out, get on your bike, and slow down!"

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

Bill Murrow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pulled over for doing 39 in a 25. Cop tells me

> why he pulled me over, I tell him "But sir my

> speedo only goes to 30", po po...Well there ya go

> then. He then says "And you maintained 39 all the

> way up that hill."

> I'm thinking yeah...wanna see me do 50 up the hill

> but didn't say anything hoping not being a smart

> ass would fend off a ticket.

> Nope. Shoulda said it.

Federal Police run traffic duty....where do you live...the Ukraine ?

NO Brad. Happened in a Federal Park right here in the USA. Assateague Nastional Wildlife refuge in Virginia to be exact. Feds have their own po po AND their own court.

State parks have rangers too. They can issue tickets as well.

Both state and feds can arrest you for violating park rules like fishing without a license, drinking, smokin' weed, pissin' in public, littering,etc.

Where do you live? In a state with no parks?

Cop pulls me over for something and says "Is that your girlfriend or a whore, looks like a whore to me" (he is trying to get me angry). I say "Oh no officer in fact shes a virgin". cop says, " you lying little bastard you know I can arrest you for lying to an officer". Me knowing he probably wasn't going to give her a pelvic exam say, "Oh no I am not lying she is a virgin. Then he wrote me up for everything he could think of

"God damnit, not you again"

David Theriault /

A cop once said to me... "nice moped"

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

being the internet I would guess about 70/30 reality to bovine scatology

Bill Murrow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> NO Brad. Happened in a Federal Park right here in

> the USA. Assateague Nastional Wildlife refuge in

> Virginia to be exact. Feds have their own po po

> AND their own court.

>

> State parks have rangers too. They can issue

> tickets as well.

>

> Both state and feds can arrest you for violating

> park rules like fishing without a license,

> drinking, smokin' weed, pissin' in public,

> littering,etc.

>

> Where do you live? In a state with no parks?

simmer down harris

So, I got pulled over by a state trooper on my scooter (yes, scooter. A Kymco with all the plastic ripped off, a tractor light and Ford Mustang grill duct taped on to the front) about a week and a half ago.

Traffic on this particular road has been terrible the past month or so because of construction happening on the main highway, so cars were backed up for miles. I was cruising down the breakdown lane doing maybe 20MPH and just began heading up a small bridge when he came screaming down the breakdown lane chasing after me. I have no balls, so I stopped.

He screamed (and I mean really at the top of his lungs), "What are you doing?", to which I had nothing better to say than, "uhh."

He proceeded to tell me that it was illegal to ride in the breakdown lane which in reply I told him that MGL 90 (Massachusetts General Laws) says I can. He then cited MGL 89 (with which I am not familiar) claiming it declares it to be illegal to pass in the breakdown lane. He also claimed that MGL 90 asserts that while motorized bicycles (the nomenclature in MA for anything 50cc and less than 30MPH) may be allowed to pass on the right, they must do so only in an actual lane of way.

He then asked for my registration, which I had none. In Massachusetts it's no big deal. It's a $25 fine for not having one, it costs $40 to get, and in four years or so of riding unregistered mopeds, this is the first time I've been called out on it, so it seems to me like not registering is a safe gamble.

While he was sitting in his cruiser masturbating I looked up MGL 90 on my phone to show him where it clearly states that a "motorized bicycle operator may keep to the right when passing a motor vehicle which is moving in the travel lane of the way." If you know how to read, and understand the English language beyond a third grade level, you can see that this clearly says that I can arbitrarily pass a car on their right regardless of what the area to their right is.

He dared to say, "That's not true", to which I replied, "Yes it is. It's in the MGL right here. Seeeeeee." He refused to acknowledge the law, and wrote me a ticket. I would have loved to find the passage he cited in MGL 89, but it's chapter titles are a bit confusing and I didn't have time.

I later found the section in MGL 89 that he cited, and to my dismay I realized that all it says is that, "When the right lane has been constructed or designated for purposes other than ordinary travel, a driver shall drive his vehicle in the lane adjacent to the right lane except when overtaking another vehicle or when preparing for a left or right turn", and because MGL 90-1 tells me that I am allowed to pass on the right, logically I may pass in the breakdown lane.

He then informed me that because I was not registered that he was going to tow me. I was obviously annoyed, a little upset and understandably angry, and had I been more familiar with the law (like piggy pig pig should have also been) I would have know that motorized bicycles are not subject to the same regulations regarding registration that cars are.

I later came to realize that MGL 90-9 says that in order for a motor vehicle to be allowed to be on any public way, it must be registered with the RMV, but in the definitions section of MGL 90, it clearly states that "The definition of 'Motor vehicles' shall not include motorized bicycles", so a motorized bicycle is not restricted from public ways if it is not registered. Section 1-D and 1-B clearly state that it is simply a $25 fine.

So, because this douchebag doesn't know the laws that he is employed to enforce, I am stuck with $200 in tickets that I will have to pay $50 just to have the opportunity to fight (thanks for fuckyouchusetts) and a $130 towing fee that I will have to pay if I want the dumbshit scooter back. I probably won't bother getting the scooter back, but the tow company tells me that they have ways of finding out who the owner of a vehicle is and will send a collection agency after me.

TL;DR:

I got pulled over and cited for some bullshit because cops are lazy dumb useless motherfuckers

Mars, since you're among the .01% of people who actually look up their state laws to find out what their state laws are (instead of relying on third-party websites to provide misinformation), you should type up everything you found and add it to the wiki. And then maybe condense all of the pertinent laws and put it in a pdf file that people can print it and put it in their wallet.

"what is this thing" puch magnum sir. "wheres your tailight" Well its not completely built yet." im a chappy man myself"

Cop after running my registration and license and discovering i don't need a motorcycle licence "you learn somthing every day"

Two occasions:

Cop pulls me over, asks me a bunch of questions, I tell him about Class C here in NY (i was a couple blocks from my hosue no helmet which isn;t required class c) and he runs my info:

"You sound genuine [about Class C] but I've never heard anything about this Class C...."

My response "My brother is a cop and he says it;s fine" flashed my PBA card, cops says "Your brother needs to teach you how to use this thing..what wer you waiting for me to hand you the summons first? Now walk it home"

Second occasion: Once again, only 2 blocks away from home "Hey shouldnt you be wearing a helmet?" It;s class C it;s not reaired "yea but you should really be wearing a helmet" (and he;s right) but he smirked and laughed and let me go.

Conclusion: I also ride with a print out of NYS moped rules in my pocket with my license. Shouldn;t he know of Class c?

"Now you listen to me little girl, you drive this thing home immediately until you get mirrors, a plate, insurance, your license, a headlight, signals, and a gas cap. and don't even THINK about riding it until then!"

"Boy what's jersey scum like you doing in my city?"

to which i replied "visiting sheeple" (just came to mind in the moment)

^ stay outta malibu lebowski !

Honest Mike /

"I'll let Bygones be Bygones"

WTF??? San Diego Cops were gonna Ticket me at the SKUNKS Rally on Friday Night. I was able to get outta of it tho.

O'YA!!! I GOT IT ALL ON VIDEO!!! :)

-Honest™

i was blasting my kitted ciao up whitacker all wasted in a full tuck doing like 44. a cop was pacing me but i didn't notice. he said he thought i was going really fast, but let me go because i was only doing 40. georgia only permits 50cc bikes to go 30. the limit on the road i was on was 35.

another time i was blasting around on a 50cc motorcycle. 4 speed manual. probably exceeding the limit by a few dozen mph. a cop pulled me over. she was all mad and freaking out, telling me im crazy dangerous. then another cop pulled up. i showed him the stamp on the cylinder that read "49cm3" he just said to the other cop "it's 49cc, you gotta let him go."

a cop got mad at me for having a loud pipe once, but as he was talking about it, these dudes started up their harleys a block or so away, and he lost interest in me.

once i shut my motor off and pedaled thru a stoplight. a cop stoped me and said " you cant do that!" i was like "but i shut the motor off, so i'm a bicycle now." he then began to tell me that you can't ride a bicycle thru a stop light, but 3 people did before he could finish the sentence. i just pointed at them and he got back into his car and left.

if they ever give you shit for not signaling, just tell them you used to do it, but people kept thinking you were waving them past you and you kept almost getting killed so you had to stop.

i got a helmet ticket once. and i usually wear one. the dudes i know that go 50 in skateboard helmets never get them. the cops in savannah are really nice about mopeds. as long as your lights work and you don't blow stoplights drunk, KRIS!!!

*Me waiting nervously*

*The cop walks up*

Cop: "Were you aware that your gas tank was dragging behind you by the bungee cord and leaving a trail of gas?"

* I look back in surprise and confirm the cops observation*

Me: "I certainly was not aware. Thank you for stopping me."

Cop: "You're welcome. Ride safe."

*Cop walks off*

Blew my mind.

†▲m †▲m /

i never did understand why they tow a moped or scooter when you can physically move it easily without the engine being engaged.... unless youre on a no pedestrian highway or something.

in ohio, the law allows you to first try to secure your ped ( or any vehicle) in a legal parking area... if a cop wants to tow it.

"Stop resisting! Stop resisting!"

*KAKAKAKAKAKA*

Pulled up to grab some food with 2 other friends also on mopeds.

Cop: "y'know the great thing about mopeds is that you don't need a license or insurance. I've got a Batavus, but goddamn they are hard to find parts for."

Did not expect that.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

"Make a move motherfucker and I'll blow your fucking head off!!!"

(screamed while I was face down under 6 swat cops with an AR muzzle jammed into the back of my skull)

I called them to help me with a methed out attacker. In classic government ineptness they got their good guys confused with their bad guys.

I will never forgive nor forget those words from a cowardly piece of closet case little dicked wanna be cum guzzler pig.

they drove my bike to the impound lot, charged me $250

At checkpoint-

"why are you stopping?"

"Me: Um, don't I need to?"

Looks at cop next to him and laughs

"Nah! Go on ahead."

Lost in South Chicago during FTW rally.

Cop: What are you doing here?

Me: I'm lost and my bikes broken. I was with a moped rally...

Cop: Where's the rally now?

Me: No idea.

Cop: Seems like they don't like you very much. This is one of the most dangerous places in the country.

Me: I've heard. You know my bike fits in the backseat of a car...

Cop: ...

Me: So you could bring me someplace safer...

That's how I got a ride to a police station squished in the backseat of a cop car with my Ciao. Totally awesome.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account