Western Mass Moped Mechanic?

Just moved back to the Northampton Area, and I need a mechanic in the area, or anyone good with mopeds who'd help a brotha out. I've taken it as far as I can with the time I have. Need some hands on help.

Re: Western Mass Moped Mechanic?

greg nichols /

What kind of problems you have? I know a guy who works on small bikes but it usually isn't worth paying for. are you doing performance or getting a stock bike to work?

getting a relatively stock bike to work. Its a 79 Moby 50v with a new delorto carb on it. I put it in, but haven't been able to dial it in, along with adjusting the throttle to open wide enough for the new carb. However, theres something funky beginning to happen in the ignition too. It now wont start WITHOUT using the decomp valve. Something I never had to use before.

You should have to use the decomp to start a 50v. If you didn't before, you probably didn't have good enough compression

greg nichols /

well, I have some tools and knarps and such. I have a puch so I am not the moby expert but If you want a second person to look it over I would be glad to help. there are a few moby dudes around but they can be finicky bikes. I am in bay state out behind the high school, and I have a leaky garage full of wrenches and such.

Yeah, start and stapo a Moby with the De-comp always.

Leave that horn switch alone.

What jet is in carb?

greg nichols /

Emailed

What do you have against the kill switch?

Nobodies hatin' on the killswitch. I was just saying it never had to start without it. Sounds like that might have been the weird thing. Anyway, I believe I put a 57 in it. its the 15/15.

Johnny was hating on the killswitch.

Not you.

Johnny was hating on the killswitch.

Not you.

greg nichols /

first thing is to make sure you don't have air leaks. That jet seems like about the right size for that bike. If you are having trouble with the throttle cable adjustment length then you might want to throw a new cable on there. I think I might have a extra. they are pretty cheap.

Oh, its got a new cable on it. I just need to lengthen the groove in the hand control so the cable pulls enough.

i am in Amherst and I'd help you out if you want. What exactly is the problem you're still having?

im in chicopee and great with mopeds

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account