Helmets

Is there such a thing as a safe helmet that doesn't add a foot to the top of your head? The one I got (cheapy cyber) makes me look like a mushroom.

Re: Helmets

This is a bizzare question.... any truly "safe" helmet is going to be a normal full-face DOT approved helmet. They won't add a foot to the top of your head, though. And full-face look better than half-face most of the time because your entire head gets bigger, not just the top.

LIKE THIS!

1282848969_helmet.jpg

and full face are safer....you want to keep everything covered...you ever seen some one who wrecked and went into a slide...face first?

I bought a kid-sized helmet, and that had a slightly smaller outer profile than my adult-sized helmet. That won't work if don't have a small head, though. I'd imagine that some of the bigger names in helmets make models that are a little sleeker or have a smaller outer profile, but those probably aren't going to be cheap helmets. If you go somewhere local, you can usually try on helmets to find out which one looks the best, then go online and find it cheaper. Or just buy it from the shop if you think they're cool and you want to give them your business.

Seriously though. If you can't find one that you think is perfect, suck it up. You look much dumber riding without a helmet than you do in a full face, regardless of how much you look like a bobble-head with the full face on.

YEP^^ and you can't put a price on being able to get up to ride another day!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account