bonded title in texas

Just went through getting a bonded title for a Honda C70, shouldn't be any different for a moped. I wrote up a simplified guide on the wiki since somethings can be a bit confusing on the Texas DMV website: http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Bonded_title_Texas

Re: bonded title in texas

In Cache valley Utah to title my sons '56 and '58 never been titled before pedals we had to do the paperwork for "insufficient evidence of ownership" which was forms: tc 656, tc 569 a, tc 661, and 2 photos of the bike. Also a copy of the bill of sale. These forms were found on the Utah DMV website. The tc 661 required an officer to come to the house and check the vin #'s. This whole process can take up to 3 months after you turn in this paperwork in Utah. Ours only took 9 days, think its cause we are a small comunity....Or the dmv lady liked me. I dont know how to make the wiki work yet so if someone wants to move this info to there for me it might help my fellow Utahns. Thanks for lettin me share.

Texas never saw my bike, although I did bring in a pencil traced VIN. They didn't seem to care.. I think the surety bond just takes care of any uncertainty.

Thanks for the write-up. Do you know if surety bonds are fairly common with insurance carriers? What company did you use?

Dan in TX

Dan, I used USAA who did the bond through a third party. When I got the information from the DMV, there was a surety bond shop right outside (but it was closed over lunch) so I'm sure you can find one in your area

matt i appreciate this...when i get my license unspended i'm gonna register my ped under my name and i'm gonna have to go through this! was it hard and about how much did you pay in fees and such. unless its on the wiki then in that case don't answer! :)

thank you for this. makes me feel a lot better about making this happen when i need to. the documentation is appreciated.

bcompton - fees are like $16 (lookup) + ~10% of price (surety bond) + 8.25% (tax) + title/license/reg ($60 or something)

so, for a $700 honda I paid around $200. kinda sucks, but having a title will make it way easier to sell..

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account