Best way 4 locking up peds?

What's the best way to lock my ped up? Cable lock? Chain? U-lock? Both?... I have a cable lock about a 1/4 inch thick and I'm afraid someone can just get at it with some bolt cutters... Is it possible or am I trippin and being a nervous nelly? Holler at me kidz!!!

Re: Best way 4 locking up peds?

Christopher Henshaw /

that shit will get cut through easy. my roommates malaguti got stolen by some lowlife with a lock like that. i'd get a kryptonite u-lock and one of these:

http://www.treatland.tv/kryptonite-new-york-chain-and-lock-p/kryptonite-new-york.htm

honestly, probably overkill. but better safe than sorry.

boston sucks for stolen peds.

we were throwing around the idea of buying cheap gps locators too.

Ha I was totally thinking the same thing! Or at least a fake gps locator sticker or something to discourage people from jackin it. I use that ny kryp lock, i have the short one tho so I only put it thru the back tire and frame. On my other moped that is less expensive, I just have a trek u-lock on there.

Multiple U Locks. All chains are easily cut.

a moped that looks like shit in a small town where every one knows every one...

i use a n.y chain and am ongaurd u lock on mine. i get the chain through the back ture and around the framy and u lock to a fence. it works well.

Velvetunderground /

Hard seize the engine, and flat tires. :-)

Tate in Madison /

I agree on the multiple locks.

Nothing says don't fuck around like 2 Ulocks and a fatty chain with a padlock.

I see locks as a way of slowing someone down long enough for me to go and attack them.

Any lock can be defeated. It just depends on how much noise/time it takes.

also when I am in shitty neighborhoods I like to disable my bike. Like pull the plug wire most the way off or turn off the petcock and run the carb dry, etc.

i never disable my bikes or else i forget and go shit what happened why doesn't it run?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account