My Sachs Westlake stolen

Bruce E. Durocher Ii /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My 1979 Sachs Westlake was stolen from my backyard in West Seattle. It's Olive Green. (I can supply the VIN if necessary.) The reason I wasn't riding it was that some years ago a vandal cut all the cables on it (probably with a hunting knife), stole one of the covers for the chains (the right side, I think) as well as the air filter, and stuck the seat repeatedly with a hunting knife. (The last was pointless: as you know that seat is almost indestructible so the slits are deep but the seat is mostly intact. They did manage to cut a couple of small scallops off the sides of the seat.) I've been saving up for repairs but in the mean time the tires are flat because when the damage was done the only person I could find that did moped repair was in Monroe, WA and I couldn't find anyone in the Seattle area to do the work: I was recently given an estimate of $400.00 in the Seattle area to get it up and running again. Front wheel is locked into a turn (they'll have to pick the lock or find a master key), but other than that it's in good condition: those folks that have seen it in the backyard here in West Seattle have been pretty darned determined to buy it off of me. If you hear of anything that might help, please let me know!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account