Pulled a Honda Cub out of a Ditch

Pushrod Fifty /

Not a moped but just a cool-

I was just given this Cub, it had been living under a tree for while, but it's all there, and the tank has no rust, it's locked but It will soak in BP Blaster for a while and free it up.

These bikes are really rad, they do 40mph and hit 10,000 rpm with push rods!

I had to pull this thing out the most precarious place alone, and into a truck, with a locked rear wheel and an old lock through the front forks.

1278354103_dscn5039.jpg

Re: Pulled a Honda Cub out of a Ditch

lucky man, cant beat free. my neighbor has one rotting in his carport, says he cant find parts for it.

they are rad bikes i have a c70 its mega fun.

i want a push rod cub

so much nicer a more cool and the everyday c70

Pushrod Fifty /

Yeah, I dig both, my C70 is a little faster than my cub and they are both awesome bikes. The Cub is a little funky shifting, have to shift twice from first to second.

I went a tooth bigger on the front sprocket of the C70, it lets me wind second longer and is smoother at high speeds. I may have gained 3 mph, I can easily cruise at 45.

1278371721_dscn4319.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

There are ton of parts for the C100, ohiocycle.com, ebay, and the honda dealer can get alot of stuff for them.

i wish there were more parts for the pc50

i been trying every carb i can find but nothing seems to agree with it

the best ped i have and i cant even ride it

Sweet find! Those are super cool!

Jay,

Can you post a picture of the pc50?? Thanks, Treeman

i get mine 45 no problem, same exact model. gotten over 50 downhill with a tuck, it's like 4.5 hp and 3 speed.

I'd rather have the OHC ones like the c70, for the CDI and you can use all the monkeybike performance parts

all you can do on the cub is mostly carb stuff, or swapping the engine. but yeah, tuned right and geared up 50 is reasonable. such an awesome bike. unstoppable. discovery channel's greatest motorcycle of all time.

Cubs are usually registered as motorcycles. Better check with your DMV to see if it is reported stolen. Ya don't want to get busted while riding a stolen unit.

Pushrod Fifty /

Cool bike.

I may try to tune this baby for more speed, I want to see how big of a tire I can fit onto it, I see alot of sweet tires at treats. I think a square lug tire, 2.50 or 2.75, would look rad on it. I'm taking off the legshield and front fender and maybee using a cafe seat that I have. It will be somewhat of a rat rod, flat black can to this baby.

Silverfox- No prob, this dude is legit, the bike is legit.

I have an 81 c70 and 17x3.00 knobby's will fit, if you lower it the rear you will rub. heres mine with the above mentioned tires.

1278619508_img_4355.jpg

rear wheel

1278619631_img_4356.jpg

Frontwheel

1278619683_img_4357.jpg

I love those bikes. Awesome score!

Not sure I'd go rat bike with it though. They're so nice cleaned up and original, leg shield and all.

BTW, what's the best stuff for soaking and freeing up a stuck transmission? You mentioned BP Blaster, is that the stuff? I have a '66 S90 that is my next project. Getting it to shift is job one.

id just split the cases. Yea i didnt want to go rat but the bike was in such bad shape when i got it trust me its an improvment.

we got a lot of cubs around lately. i love em.

yea registering was wierd. i was told 1st i had to register it as a low speed vehicle, same as a golf cart... then the next lady told me i couldn't register it as a motorcycle because the model comes up as 50cc. and also that it can't count as a moped because it exceeds the max speed, max power and isn't fully automatic...

i just didnt register it and it's been good.

i 've been pulled over on it 5 or 6 times and never have trouble for it being not registered and not a "moped" by law

Tate in Madison /

Dude that really doesn't look so bad at all.

I have seen/resurrected way worse.

Dollars to donuts you soak the engine in PB blaster for a week then roll it down the driveway and put it in gear it will free up.

Mark Swoop, i'm diggin your c70.

Thanks man its my work horse / hoodrat.

Honestly, my first impression was "Wow, that's in great shape!"

Had someone around here selling one just like it for $1100. It was all cleaned up and the black and white was pretty slick.

LOL! looks like a retro Zuma! Wow!

Nice -- I want to get another Passport on the road

that'll change after i streach and rake it.

Pushrod Fifty /

I have the same blue C70, I was thinking of doing the fender chop like yours, did you cut it right on that joint where the tip meets the body?

The tires at treats are like a straight square pattern, like old board track tires.

This Cub is pretty rusty and I don't feel like doing a complete teardown, so just a flush coat oif flat will do it for now.

1278677079_c70.jpg

yea man i cut it right at the fender crease no better line that a factory one.

damn... I'd love to find a super cub... anyone want to trade for a cb100?

Pushrod Fifty /

Yeah, that's where I want to cut mine. I will put a small bullet tailight on it too.

Supercubs are around, I saw a mint one on CL for 550.00 in my town! But I prefer free or almost free junkers that I can fix up.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account