ciao build with pics

this is b4 i tore it apart

1276876672_ciao.jpg

Re: ciao build with pics

after i tore it apart tried as i might i couldnt easiily get the handlbars off.. i guess ill wait til i get new forks and bars to really struggle with them

1276876778_1111_002.jpg

here it is after primer im using rustoleum, maybe not the best choice but i do have a rusto clear thats supposed to be gas and oil resistant so we will see how it turns out.. right now im waiting for it to harden so i can put first coat on..

1276876910_1111_007.jpg

Have a look at this video and try to figure out what is wrong with the clutch?

that clutch sounds like a srter spring came off and is scrapin around in there

Very cool build Ill be watching.

Bert no offense, but I'd be scared to ride that frame over

30 MPH. Nice paint though

i dont think it would be to bad with a little reinforcing here and there. Thoes bikes are wheelie machines!!!

the caios ive seen have all gone over 30 and been fine i do have a crossbar in the works but ive already checked over the bike its good and solid... those who have a doubt i dont understand the ciaos are built up all over the world why not this one if im wrong please enlighten me

theres also new forks on their way i just want to get it all together and looking good then im going to start modifying it...it will pretty much be finished stock first... the reason i chose the caio frame is for it being light power to weight ratio...if i find any flexing at all i will reinforce where needed....

heres the bike with paint and clear coat...and my new newport 2

1277315864_001.jpg

the factory paint was in such good condition... and such an awesome color... so sad.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

my ciao does over 60 and i have no cross bar. i did do some seam welding on it though.

Hahaha I saw the Newport in the back and was like THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE DID, and then I saw it was mine. Hope it's riding sweet for you, man.

yeah the factory paint wasnt too bad but there was some places where it was starting to literally come off and it tok alot of sanding to get the tape goo from the 70's off i could have never cleaned it up to my liking but i didnt go too far off its still yellow..lol yeah shane its awesome and will continue to be riden daily man first i have to completely disassemble it and go thru it all thats just how i learn A BIKE..

Completely disassemble??? I guess there aren't that many parts.... don't mess with the transmission unless you replace the shift pucks at the same time. You need a piston stop or something similar to get the clutches off, just as an FYI.

Tell us more about the book titled "Country Afghans" lol

yyou cuaght me my mopeds happen to be in my mothers living room...although the magic myth books rock....lol

yeah shane i will not hurt our bike..dont worry...lol.. i will learn all i can before disassembly but thats the only way i can learn the bike inside out..which IMHO someone who rides a moped should know that bike top to bottom and be able to picture in their head what every sound is being made by that way if and when something happens you know exactly whats causing it.... i am extremely anal when it comes to anything of mine mopeds included i have to take it apart just to make sure it was manufactured and assembled properly...lol...which im sure it is after all its lasted 30 some years now.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account