Which tomos did these wheels come on?

They are for tomos but I've never seen them before.

Re: Which tomos did these wheels come on?

Sorry for the shitty cell phone pic.

I don't know, but they're pretty sweet.

It's weird. They are 16s and are similar to my other silver bullet black five stars but just a little different. They don't even say grimeca or anything.

I think I saw MopedLar with a Garelli or something with those wheels before. It might not have been him, but for some reason that rings a bell. Love those rims.

I've seen them on a few late bullets, they are way less common than the "magnum" type tomos 5 stars. I wonder if they were used to fill the gap between productions of the other wheels? They aren't listed in any of the parts manuals I have.

Those are rad Nick!

Late 80s to early 90's a3 golden bullet option wheels with battery and turn signal options.

As Brian recalled, I have a set of 16" Garelli rims just like those. They came off a late '80's SSXL.

Awesome. I thought that you did! That was a nice Garelli too.

Timmy Southpark /

I think they only had like a 2 year span, from like 88-90 maybe. Off old bullets, not very common. good find.

Actually he didn't find them...I contacted him and told him I had some wheels for him. Nick had actually never seen this style before and even had doubts that they were for a tomos... lol. I would have never sold them except for the fact that my sump pump died and I knew that selling those would be the quickest way to get money for a new sump pump so my basement would quit flooding. I only regret it slightly but i'm pretty much done with tomos so i'd prolly never use them anyway so might as well let someone else enjoy them. Now i sit back and wait for karma to bring me a something cool.... fingers crossed!

Nick - I see you really do like the wheels since they keep popping up in every thread...haha.

I think those are sharp looking. What I don't get is here they have a great looking wheel but make very few of them. Then they design some real ugly ones and make thousands of them.

Trent, thanks again for letting me get these. And if course I had doubts they were for tomos, they look rad and imo tomosonly produced one rad rim style(5 star). And yes the pic of them is popping up in every thread, I want everyone to know that tomos made a cool rim once. Haha jk but really I can't wait to get these on something. I do have two brand new gp1s sitting around...maybe I'll paint them black and put them on the silver bullet, or maybe the 110cc top tank.

And yeah everyone I never said I found them. Good find kudos go to Trent. Lol

I have a set of those. Lets hear some offers.

Ike

Ike you probably have a set or two of everything.

These are on my 24o original mile 1992 Golden bullet TT that came from a local estate sale. I actually thought they were kind of fugly, so I just recently bought another set of the older silver bullet mags to put on it if I decide to keep it. The bike is so clean Im afraid to modify it in any way though (which makes it kind of boring), and I would definately keep all the original parts to go back on it if I make any changes. Another weird thing I noticed about this bike is that it is an A3n, but has cork clutches. James

i can't wait for you to get them on something either! before they were on a beat up junk 92 golden bullet. attached a better pic too :)

1274178353_tomos_5_star.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account