Malossi and Polini Performance Parts

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

So...these companies are both still in business.

And theyre still in production of moped parts.

But why is it that they only make certain parts?

I mean..I can understand that Peugeot is still in business outside

of the US. Tomos is still making bikes.

But cant we persuade these companies to bring back kits and parts that are no longer in production? I mean..is it because they need

the companies to commission them into production? They already

have prototype from the old stuff right? Why cant we have new

Malossi noi reed valve kits..or derbi, minarelli, morini,etc. parts?

Re: Malossi and Polini Performance Parts

because the US market is small, and other countries citizens can buy new bikes

If they still have the tooling for the old kits - the jugs and pistons - and they are still in good shape, perhaps they can start making them again. Rings are probably made to spec by an outside supplier, as are crank pins, circlips and gaskets.

Treats persuaded Parma to make the AV7 kit again... and had to buy a bunch of them as a minimum. Maybe the moped community could convince a vendor to bring another kit or two back from the dead.

Not enough money...you dont make a product if you cant sell it for enough to make money on it...thats a bad investment. The best we could do is hope that someone will buy the molds and tooling and start doing reproduction stuff. Maybe a certain sales strategy or something would help bring out the buyers...just not enough of them for malossi or polini to do something about it. Maybe they subcontract pistons...they stop making the piston design...lots of factors why they dont wanna do it.

Also, market might be saturated. Polini stopped making the NOI kit, maybe because everyone who was gonna kit, did and there are only x number of NOIs to kit aka products past its maturation

From what I here that to make a profit, there companies have to do runs of like 300. If you can find 300 people to buy noi kits, I am sure they will make them

Or someone...I wont name any names, could go to polini and tell them they wanna buy 300, then hold onto them until people buy them. Pretty much sell them on your own after contracting polini/malossi to do the work.

I'd do this if I had several thousand dollars to invest.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

Wow..thats like $60+grand!!

rock finally shredding pow /

^msrp. anyone buying 300 kits is gonna pay alot less.

and treats has made shit come back into production, with the av7 parma, and the treat kits.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

hah..yeah. I havent worked anything retail in awhile. I completely forgot about margin mark up.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account