za50 clutch flip

i know this is the wrong forum but i'm not getting much response from performance tuning.

I've rebuilt my za50 5 or 6 times over the past two days and when i finish, the bike starts up great and then revs really high when i open the throttle but the back wheel hardly spins at all.

I've tried flipping the second gear clutch but now I put everything back the way it was before I changed anything and it still doesnt work! Just revs high and doesn't go. its not engaging.

in DESPERATE need of some help here

thanks

mike

Re: za50 clutch flip

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

here is your problem

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

much

exactly the problem. now solved. now ripping.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

no worries, happens once a month.

perfect timing! Just ripped open my za50 to replace the pucks and decided to check the forums and didnt know anything about this.

thank you cuperteenbro! Many internets to you!

Yes, i just got my Magnum and I am replacing clutch corks.

also make sure that the screw on the 1st gear clutch is on GOOD and that the lock washer is bent up TIGHT. That nut came loose when i was riding and locked up the back wheel. Now I reassembled everything and there is a grinding noise when i turn over the engine to start it. Any ideas? I know...it could be a lot of things.

Gonna be cracking it open again tomorrow. I should have just left everything the way it was. I went to replace the pucks and they were in perfect condition. Replaced them anyway and flipped the clutch. hopefully i can get this grinding under control

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

torque your nuts and use the lock washers... c'mon now, the 24mm deepwell socket isn't that rare. the grinding is coming from somthing that spins :p take it apart completely including the starter plate, look for metal bits and unusual wear and put it together again.

Look at your gears and make sure nothing got sheared off.

I know this is super old but the OP post is what is happening to me RIGHT NOW. and that image does not load anymore. Someone please tell me why it's just revving out with no movement anymore. 2nd is flipped.

Figured it out, sorry for bringing back such an old post.

> Grateful Nate Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Figured it out, sorry for bringing back such an old post.

Glad you did. What was the issue?

> Seth B Wrote:

> > Grateful Nate Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Figured it out, sorry for bringing back such an old post.

>

> Glad you did. What was the issue?

It was either the roller bearings or a shim issue/possibly not tightening the two bolts all the way. I consulted many pictures and Alex from DMW. I thought we had put the bearings in correctly the first time but we pulled them out and made sure. Slapped everything back together and she started ripping. I also used ATF type F the second time instead of 10w-30.

Thanks. Just wanted to know in case it ever happens to me. So far so good!

It is almost ALWAYS the roller bearings. They are very easy to install on the wrong side of the flap. This will allow your bike to run and rev but won't send power to the back wheels.

You know you installed the bearings wrong if it was easy to put them back in.

> Aaron Goldman Wrote:

> It is almost ALWAYS the roller bearings. They are very easy to install

> on the wrong side of the flap. This will allow your bike to run and rev

> but won't send power to the back wheels.

>

> You know you installed the bearings wrong if it was easy to put them

> back in.

I bought a Magnum cheap with this issue. Looking at a not too aggressive kit now. Good to hear this problem was solved.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account