Can not get the clutch cover off my a35... wtf?

I removed all 7 hex bolts, plus a super long hex bolt, also the fill and drain bolts. The only thing i did not remove from what i can tell it the drip/overflow bolt which is super stripped, does this need to be removed in order to get the cover off?

Iv also tried tapping with a rubber mallet...

thanks

Re: Can not get the clutch cover off my a35... wtf

up at the top where you dont care so much about the gasket leaking, take a flat head and tap it in there, turn, should pop off, or fly me to philly and ill do it ;)

Yeah it can be stubborn but do what Jeremy said and it will eventually come loose. it just needs a little abuse.

There are two pins that align the cover which are the only thing holding it on at this point. Avoid prying unless it's absolutely necessary, and if you do decide to pry work it slowly from all sides. Try hitting it with the mallet so you're swinging as much in the "off" direction as possible and see how far that gets you.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

pull the cover with one hand and tap it with a rubber mallet. no dice? try light rapid taps with a regular hammer. still a betch? above the fill and below the drain bolts there is a part raised up that you can (from the other side) tap with a hammer/screwdriver combo. after those two guide pins are out about 1/4"-1/2" it's really easy to just slowly pull.

Did you remove the pedal arm ?

use a little heat-gun action on the outer cover. soften the bond a little and then light taps w/ the hammer. keep pulling on the cover and working it loose. it will come off w/o fucking it up it you take your time. g/l, B.

call it a girls name. its obviously very proud, so take it down a peg by showing it whos really in charge. unless your tomos is a girl, then idk what to do man...

wowowow, thanks for the tips and quick response, I did what Jeremy said and it still took me about half an hour, i broke two flat heads. I the two pins must have slightly rusted and bonded to the case cause i have broken welds with more ease than this... much needed though, take a look at this 1st gear clutch, im surprised it still shifted! :0

1272345858_clutch.jpg

NExt time .. tap the flat on the rear of the drain

Pressurized /

Remove the oil drain nut of course this has to be done anyway .. the backside of the raised portion of where the oil drain plug screws into is flat .. tap that gently and repeatedly using a piece of hardwood and hammer. There is no need to force anything or break anything.

Re: NExt time .. tap the flat on the rear of the d

god you're a fucking tool...he already got the thing off. What compels you to make a response like this. You seriously need to get a life dude. Seriously...

For the next time, Orange Revoltinglution.

Like, man, for the next time he does it, so he doesn't have to break things you rindbird.

make a new and rip, its easy. shorten those springs some also and engage .

Re: For the next time, Orange Revoltinglution.

I'm sure if he got this one off, he can do it again without your useless babble.

He said he broke things .. he needed help.

I gave him help. What have you got against helping people? Did you not get enough help as a child, that you object to people helping people? If you were lying down on the road trying to commit suicide would you object to someone either: 1. Running you over and helping you commit suicide? 2. Not running you over trying to help you live? 3. Stopping and asking you why you object to people helping other people? 4. Not stopping and swerving around you shouting "Get off the road Orange Peel you make things slippier!" 5. Other choice. 6. Yet other choices. 7. Just because seven is a good number.

Re: He said he broke things .. he needed help.

I dont see how you helped him, he had already removed the cover sucessfully.

You have entirely too much time on your hands. Go on a trip or something, maybe be semi productive or at the very least just stop being so damn annoying.

haha

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i already mentioned tapping the raised portion of the drain plug area in my post. i dont take the drain plug out either, i have a decent size drain pan. it's faster and more always leaks out anyway vs using the plug drain. glad that calling it a girls name worked.

that clutch looks like tomos a35 standard issue- thought they all came that way haha

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account