MAML weather forcast.

Rain. This blows.

....

What's the plan if it does in fact rain? put on them rain tires and race anyways?

Re: MAML weather forcast.

Aaron Bajongus /

I think we should do it ole wagon train style.

We park making a huge circle and put tarps over top and then just party?

Re: MAML weather forcast.

the track doesn't care what we do, so it'll be up to us. if it's for sure going to be down pouring we'll probably call off the first one. if it doesn't look too bad though we'll go ahead with it. i can't wait to race, but i don't want to put people's safety at risk on a wet track. if we do have it we also need to make sure we have enough people show up to cover the track rental. what do you guys think?

Re: MAML weather forcast.

Scooter Mike /

If there's any chance of rain, I probably won't make it, I don't want to drive 8/9 hours one way to not race, or be super uncomfortable/wet camping.

Re: MAML weather forcast.

cardboard robots do not care bout no stinkin rain.

Re: MAML weather forcast.

If it rains i am just coating my cardboard capsule with tape.

Re: MAML weather forcast.

^ aaaaffirmative.

Re: MAML weather forcast.

After talking with the track owner Nate and I have a call on this. As of this Thursday, if there is higher than a 60% chance of rain for Sunday we will be postponing. However, 60% or less and we're going ahead. If we go ahead with the races and end up getting rained out on Sunday, everyone will be refunded their track frees (minus $10 for Saturday practice) and everyone that showed up to race will be awarded rain points = 1st place points for the two races per class that you're registered for.

Right now we're still 5 days out and there's only a 40% chance of rain, which has dropped from the 60% forecasted a couple days ago. It's looking good! You can keep an eye on it here Now go back to getting stoked in this thread

Re: MAML weather forcast.

Scooter Mike /

it's still 60% on sunday, 40% on saturday, weak.

Re: MAML weather forcast.

Aaron Bajongus /

Im off work sunday so what are we going to do if it does rain?

Re: MAML weather forcast.

Scooter Mike /

if it rains us out on sunday, we get a refund for the day.

Re: MAML weather forcast.

if we get rained out you get your money back for the day (the track might want to keep $10 for saturday practice if you were there) and everyone that shows up to race will get first place points for the classes they're registered for.

however, i talked to a weather dude today who's raced karts and stock cars in the midwest for years. he said there's probably going to be some rain on saturday morning, and maybe some more sunday morning but we should be good. cinci weather report also called for the rain to be done by 7am on sunday. RACES ARE A GO.

Re: MAML weather forcast.

Aaron Bajongus /

i understand the refund thing mike.

i was more of implying i have hang out time on sunday if racing doesnt happen.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account