Should I Trade? Please help I don't know.

I have a 1980 Suzuki FA nice looking and running. A guy wants to trade me a 79 and 80 Motobecanes. The 80 is mostly complete the 79 needs engine but has complete parts motor. Both are ugly and don't run. My friend is giving me a nice looking complete Moby that needs to be put back together. Should I take the 3 non-running bikes to fix and make 3 or keep my nice little FA? Thanks for your help.

Re: Should I Trade? Please help I don't know.

rock finally shredding pow /

if you think theres a remote possibility you can get one of those mobys running, go for it. fa's are far inferior to mobys

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Mike is right on, Mobys and FA50 are in different time zones much less ballparks. Consider the economics though. I see non running Mobys sell for 100 or 125 all day. I see nice FA50s sell for 500. If you sell the FA, you can buy 4 or 5 non running mobys. Unless at least one of the mobys is extra gorgeous, I would sell first and buy the nicest one and have a big party with all the extra cash.

i love dave but i have no idea what planet hes living on

if i could find mobys for 100-125 id have close to 40 mopeds.

fa50s are total garbage, slow as fuck, look like shit, and are synonymous with weiners.

mobys on the other hand are gorgeous, parts are plentiful, and are 10x more fun to ride.

Get the MOBYs !!!!

greg nichols /

in massachusetts motobecanes are really common. you can often find busted ones for really really cheap. of course we don't find some of the other cool bikes people have so there is a trade off I guess.

MOBY!

Oh man, would you rather date the lunch lady or the prom queen? The Fa50 is reliable, and low maintenance, but that's about all that can be said. The Moby will require constant attention, and even with that it can still flake-out, and drive you nuts. But those beautiful lines, the smooth speed, and the jealous looks from others are well worth the aggravation, imho.

The question is: Can you deal with French tech. It will be quite a learning experience to say the least.

get a pic of the mobys and put them on here. unless your mechanically inclined, a motobecane is a bit of a jump. pretty expensive, but if it runs good, its an extremely sexy, and potentially very fast moped.

Stop saying french bikes are hard! the are not!

Mobys hands down...

Pushrod Fifty /

If you don't mind being without a ride for a while, take the money and build a nice moby, for all of the above reasons. Any bike can be tempermental if it isn't set up right or not maintained. The most finicky bikes can be properly tuned to be dependable runners.

They are a bike that I would love have if I found the right deal. Check out the mabecane site, they are dedicated the Moby, and are very helpfull.

True, once you get the carb good and clean, 90% of the "Flake-outs" are just slipped timing. They do require more maintenance, but none of it is actually difficult.

depends on what model the motobaecanes are. 50v with the "A" setup is prime with a 15.15 del on it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account