Does anyone know how to get a title for an unregis

I've been told it will take 3 years from my request to get a title for my Sach moped. Is there ANY way else to do this???

Re: Does anyone know how to get a title for an unr

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Last resort if no loopholes in your state but will cost around $100. Broadway title company "buys" your machine, titles it, then "sells" it back to you with title.

http://www.broadwaytitle.com/?gclid=CJWts9TLkqECFdtL5Qod-zDGQg

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Just looked at their website and their price list has changed, but the $295 for bikes is for big motorcycles, they may still be cheap for mopeds. Call them and ask. They are pretty easy going and you can negotiate with them.

I used them to title my 1965 Honda AEE chopper. I had no papers at all.

I went through a title place out west last year for my RD60. They registetred it in MA and sent me the MA plates and registration. (MA doesn't require a title).

So I went to the NY DMV and after much deliberation and talking to this supervisor and that they gave me the new NY registration and NY plate and told me that my paperwork would go to albany for the title work. Well the A-holes rejected the title application. This was last fall. I held off calling them to see if they were as fucked up as I thught they were. Sure enough I got a registration renewal this spring and did it on line.

Sure I still don't have a title but who gives a fuck as long as I have current registration (non transferrable) and a sticker for my plate.

I registered a moped about 10 years ago and didn't have a title. I told them I was sold it by my mother in CT for $20. CT doesn't require a title for mopeds. It worked. They give me a transferable registration every year.

oh title place charged me $140!!

In WA u get papers 'in lieu of title' so you can register it and ride it just like if you had one, just have to wait three years to get a real one so you can sell it if buyer insists on a real one. I got a scooter titled through the lost title process and they gave me what looks like a real one tho right away, no mention of it not being the three year temp, can't tell the diff between it and my moped ones. Ask at the DMV for the lost title process and they will give you a copy its like half a dozen steps, you can skip the WASP inspection cause it's under 50cc. One thing tho is they will want to tax u on the value so u have to go get it appraised or pay the hundred buxks or whatever.

GL

M

ps. to give you an idea of the main hoops you have to jump through take a look in this thread:https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=764470&t=764437

Does it make it more complicated if I have no license plate to start with???

I didn't have the old plate, and not sure there would be a difference if I did, other than knowing when and where it was last registered. You just need the VIN# off the frame, it takes a little bit of running around, patience, and persistence with the DOL, but is totally doable.

There are some really cool guys on here in states with lax titling/registration processes.

They can help you out.

Just make sure its never been stolen.

It might have been reported stolen in like 81 for all you know. Then there would be issues.

Stolen?

How do you find that out anyway? Just call all 50 DOLs and ask? Washington has no info on it at all. No owners, no theft, nada.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account