Type of 2cyl oil for QT50?

Ok I admitt I'm being lazy here by asking this question...but on the way home from work today I want to go by the auto parts store and get some starter fluid and 2cycle oil for my newly reclamed QT50 so I can play with it tonight.

The point is that I left the owner's manual at home and don't want to go home first to find out the type of oil I need to get. Can someone with a QT50 tell me the proper 2cyl oil type?

Thanks,

jt

Re: Type of 2cyl oil for QT50?

Ron Brown /

JT,

Any name brand 2-cycle oil for air cooled engines. I use Castrol but for no good reason.

Scratch the starting fluid unless you are using it to clean parts. It is bad for the spark plugs at least.

Ron

Re: Type of 2cyl oil for QT50?

Thanks Ron,

I'll go see what they have the parts store, just didn't know if there was a special mixture type for scooters like there is for chain saws and weed eaters. It's been a long time since I've played with scooter engines.

I'm sure the battery is so dead that I won't get much done on the bike till I replace it anyways. I guess I could hook up my tractor mower battery to the bike just to see if I can get it running at all.

Thanks for the help,

jt

Re: Type of 2 stroke oil for QT50?

If that QT50 doesn't have an electric start.. it doesn't need a battery to run.

The battery is for bright lights at idle and as a volt. reg. to prevent blowing lightbulbs at high RPM.

If it has electric start though... then it does need a battery to crank the motor.

Cool, no electric start. Do I need to have the battery hooked up to complete the circuit or will it run fine with the battery disconnected?

jt

Fred wrote:

>

>

> If that QT50 doesn't have an electric start.. it doesn't need

> a battery to run.

>

> The battery is for bright lights at idle and as a volt. reg.

> to prevent blowing lightbulbs at high RPM.

>

> If it has electric start though... then it does need a

> battery to crank the motor.

Always leave it connected.. dead or not.

I will post a guide right above in a few seconds... it covers most everything you would need to know.

The battery part is at the bottom.

golden spectro nuf said it rocks so does klotz

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account