honda xr50 engine on a puch moped possible?

is this possible?

Re: honda xr50 engine on a puch moped possible?

yes of course its possible

why do you want to do this???

i just got a moped, and ive always raced dirt bikes and its been around my family for a long time and pit bikes (xr50s) are always around the track. So my brother and dad who have been my mechanics since i started racing got to talking and they told me they feel like i could do alot more to one of those engines then a normal mope engine.

people are hitting 70 on original moped engines with performance parts and lots of tuning. an engine is an engine, what you do to it is what matters. puch engines are infinitely modifiable. dont put a motorcycle engine on a moped, work with what you have and youll be surprised how fast it can be.

it's possible you just have to make new mounts for every thing and redo the wiring. which is a lot easier said than done. which for the time and money you could have a pretty fast moped.

yeah i figured that it would be alot more time and money, dont get me wrong im all about trying to work with this moped and its engine i just think that be a fun project. i just put it up here to see if any of you guys knew of it being done before.

Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I like when stupid people use that saying, it makes me think they arent going to get anything done.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

no one has done it before that we know of. people have put lifan motors on puchs, and it is totally possible, but puch is one of the best platforms for modification for increased speed. a billion parts, e50 engines are so simple its laughable, and proven techniques for going so fast you will break your body.

welcome to mopeds

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

just make sure it's a sachs, batavus or jawa. they're the easiest to fab mounts up to, with really simple wiring... right guys?

why put down Jawa

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account