tomos vin

Purchased an early 80's Tomos Bullet. Can't find a VIN anywhere on it. No apparent damage where it the frame stamp should be. Located where foil stamp sticker should be but, it has been removed. Also can't find anything stamped into fork except "Tomos" and what appears to be the letter "Z". Former owner was in Maryland and has several unregistered peds. I'm in PA and in desperate need of the VIN to register and get riding. Any suggestions?

Re: tomos vin

Make one up?? Ask the guy you got it from to use one of his VIN numbers..since he's not going to register it..that would be your best best. They are not going to come out and inspect your ped for the VIN.

Jive Turkey /

I considered "creating" a vin. My only worry was creating one that was already registered. Or selling it to someone in MD, and buying something else.

there should be one stamped under the right side cover on the frame ... it should be the as the motor # if its the original motor

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RAVoQ2kshN8&rel=1&autoplay=1&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>

tomos do not have vins stamped in them i use to have one and had the same problem just find the numbers on the engine block and just make a few up after that one theres no way you will create a vin the same as another way to unlickly

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i have a non made up VIN that came back as a boat trailer, one a jet ski, and drew has a vin from a truck that was stolen in Arizona. also denied for a vin being "too short" before, meaning less than 16 characters, which most mopeds pre 1980 dont have. the pencil etching of the motor number should work. also a 3x5 picture printed out with a pa certified mechanics initals and licence number on the printout, along with crap wither the mv41 or mv35. worst case a vin can be assigned to it by whatever vehicle inspection state troopers there are, never had to go through that route myself yet though.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

ps- benn dont sell that one, we're working out making a3's go really fast, ...cheap

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account