New and need advice

New to moped. Should I buy a new tomos lx and make it custom or rebuild a project like a vintage magnum? Please help. THNX

Re: New and need advice

Fish tits Krauthamer /

vintage

I'm on my second tomos now because that's what has been around and cheap when I've been in the market. Tomos' are nice and super easy to work with, but definitely get vintage if you have the chance. Puchs have endless parts available for them for fairly cheap.

Do you want to work on it or not? Like, not just cosmetics and bolt-on parts, but deep inner mechanical workings too?

Vintage Magnum if you can.

If not, a vintage maxi, if you're new to the ped.

Gnihton orez /

mopeds have deep inner mechanical workings?

Of course mopeds have deep inner mechanical workings. You know when you have a mystery problem that you can't solve, no matter how many times you rewire, change out the entire electrical system, clean the carb, check compression, verify piston orientation .... that's the deep inner mechanical workings trying to mess with you.

"a mystery problem that you can

Mopeds don't have that many inner workings, people do.

Nash, do what you have to, to take a different look at your friends ped. Then it will reveal itself to you. It's not that complicated. Check all the bulbs, check the junction block, it's a freakin Maxi. You can do it!

Do yo have to resort to the MRA scematics?

Thanks, yeah so the tomos i want is the lx its $1690 and i would prolly end up getting bars and a new light and pipe boar kit and intake. I found a puch for 400 with just the bottom end of the motor and the tanks a little dinged up. Am I better off building the puch? I've never had a moped or 2 stroke engine but I'm slightly mechanically inclined. I appreciate the help

the bulbs are fine, i had the thing running FLAWLESSLY, seriously as perfect as possible, he has it for ONE day and i get it back with no spark. i tried everything, and then switched out the entire stator (for the lack of a soldering iron to change out the condensor), got it to run, but not well. now its not getting spark again.

im so sick of this bike, i swear its cursed.

Hit the Puch, and talk them down. The Tomos is above 2k with what you want to do to it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account