Attn: lame midwesterners not --> WB3

You should come to Madison for the ride.

Randy has become the defacto/gracious host and has always been supportive of local mopeds (with pedals) and scoots. First 1000 participants get numbers. I have nothing to do with the planning but would like to see a big turnout. Its a short ride for the actual record but I am sure there will be more after that. By word of mouth there is are a couple vintage scoot crews coming (one supposedly in costume?) and randy muttered something about bands... I dunno I was busy gawking at the old lambrettas in the shop.

Heres the description from the face book group:

We are organizing an event to get into the Guinness Book of World Records! The current record for longest parade of mopeds is 674 riders. UW Madison can easily beat this number as we have the highest mopeds per capita in the world! We are going to blow them away in magnitude and length (two aspects). We plan to start at Scooter Therapy, Inc, 12 N Few Street. After everyone gets a number to pin on their shirt back, we proceed East on East Johnson Street to First, right on First to East Washington. There we pull into the Fiore Shopping Center parking lot, regroup, then proceed West on East Washington towards the Capitol for the filming. After passing the film people, we will head back to Scooter Therapy for the bike show results, and hopefully give away a new Genuine Roughhouse moped to a lucky participant. Our sponsors will be at the event along with media coverage and approval from Guinness Book of World Records.

Randy Knudson of Scooter Therapy has confirmed that if the UW Madison students break the world record, there will be a raffle for a FREE NEW MOPED from Scooter Therapy. You have take part in the record breaking ride in order to be eligible for the raffle.

Invite EVERYBODY you know to this event and make it HUGE!

Costumes and decorations are encouraged.

If you need any information please feel free to call 1 800 411 1543 from 9-6 m-f and 10-3 on Saturday.

We would like to get started numbering and such early, so there is no big rush toward start time. This is a first time attempt for us to try this, and we do not really know what kind of turnout will happen. But rain or shine it goes on. There will be eight classes for the People's Choice Bike Awards. Eight Trophies, Best of Show, most miles Traveled, Duct Tape and Zip Tie special, Most Radical, And more. Lots of giveaway items.

Scooter Therapy Inc.

and the Genuine Scooter Company hope you can attend and have a great time helping us secure the World Record!

(The official submission to Guinness World Records is below)

Re: Attn: lame midwesterners not --> WB3

Fish tits Krauthamer /

can someone summarize this?

go to madison this weekend and meet at scooter therapy on saturday to ride.

summarized

hey also, I was thinking of going, i have a trusty batavus to ride and a not so trusty sachs prima, anyone want to help me tune the prima before the ride cause it wont idle at all?

If you make it to randy's with time to spare (say by 11:00) I will try and help you out, can't promise I can fix it but will give it a shot. I foresee a bunch of last minute urgent repairs happening before this kicks off, as to be expected with an event with a "duct tape and zip tie award".

B. P. Gretenhart /

Yeah, this is a great alternative to WB3.

Madison is a cool place. Ped friendly. Lots and lots of good places to eat. Check out these fine restaurants:

Lazy janes (closes at 2pm)

Mickey's tevern (host of our wed night rides)

Tex tubbs taco palace

Green owl (veg and vegan goodness)

The alchemy

Great dane (a brew pub. Great brews)

Restaurant murimoto (best sushi in town)

Ians pizza (pie by the slice)

Record stores that are awesome:

Earwax (punk n metal)

Mad city music x

Yea i could try that, It runs fine i just wanted to get the idle worked out cause i have a feeling the actual rally is going to be slow moving

B. P. Gretenhart /

Yeah, this is a great alternative to WB3.

Madison is a cool place. Ped friendly. Lots and lots of good places to eat. Check out these fine restaurants:

Lazy janes (closes at 2pm)

Mickey's tevern (host of our wed night rides)

Tex tubbs taco palace

Green owl (veg and vegan goodness)

The alchemy

Great dane (a brew pub. Great brews)

Restaurant murimoto (best sushi in town)

Ians pizza (pie by the slice)

Record stores that are awesome:

Earwax (punk n metal)

Mad city music x

Lulz! are you serious?

lame... WB3 all the way !!

SAVE ME A SEAT BRO!

_lame

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

i guess if i was a scooter i'd need therapy, too (no offense).

have fun!

ha! they have select therapies for your moped too. http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Shop_links

still not as awesome as WB3

B. P. Gretenhart /

most of madisons crew will be at WB3. some of them have schools and jobs. what!?!?!

-Unholysmokers - Chad Ferguson /

I work at Scooter Therapy and I was just in Cincinnati this past weekend, so this ride is where I will be!

Anyone that does make it, we will definitely have a fun ride later in the day that will be cool and we can find a cool place to get some grub, too.

There are going to be trophies for best rat bike, longest ridden, etc., a ton of pizza, music, and more.

It's no WB3, but it should be a fun afternoon at the very least.

Pat, I hadn't heard about the vintage scooter crews yet. That's pretty exciting for me.

i wasnt aware there was anyone who owned a moped that isnt planning on wb3. you must be referring to scooters.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!! my only complete ped isnt broken in yet, hasnt been registered, plus i dont have no truck!!!!

i haven't seen my friend in madison in years either. would love to see her, but no dice.

Jodi, there are at least 3 of us with mopeds here in Madison :P

I am going to guess that out of the 700+ bikes that are supposed to show up here on Saturday that maybe 15-20 of them will be mopeds and maybe that many vintage scoots as well. The rest will be plastic scooters.

I don't care though, I would be overjoyed if there are 15 moped dudes hanging out that we can ride with!

Chad are you "working at randy's" as in getting paid? or as in I take my stuff over there and work on it cuz randy is sweet and lets us use his space?

Working there as in I get paid! I started a few weeks ago. I will be doing all the parts ordering, setting up an online store (and doing the order fulfillment for that), answering phones, and other paperwork crap. It's pretty rad so far.

COLDTRAILERS - mikebeez /

GO UNHOLY SMOKERS!!!!!! luv u guys

thats awesome dude, also a good place to keep an eye out for good ped deals.

Definitely. We are going to be getting some pedal start sprints in soon, so hopefully we will be carrying a few more moped parts. Once (or if) the sales for the online store pick up maybe we can start stocking a decent selection of parts.

why not just try and break the record at WB3?

sir thaddeusforemen /

i MIGHT be going. i'm not sure.

Who's all going to this? shoot me an email.

Damn, I was gonna go but now I have to work. I. bet its gonna be overrun by Bros

B. P. Gretenhart /

i work at randys as in he lets me fuck shit up there when hes not looking. i dont get paid :(

and why not break it at WB3? because some uw-student set it up and he probably rides a lame scooter and didnt even know about WB3. randy just took it over and some of us are helping.

most of us will be at WB3.

HI MIKE!

I am unable to make it to WB3 because of my work schedule. I will however be at this event.

I will be bringing 2 Honda Elite's an orange one that I will be riding and a yellow one for a friend. I will also have a g/f with me that will be on an all pink scooter.

Is there any safe places in the area to park my car and trailer?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account