Re: 70cc kits on 1975 to 1980 mopeds

Rich /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've got a BiTurbo. It came w/the kit. I see you are already onto the carb. route (i.e., changing jet sizes). I haven't tried that, nor have I tried the air scoop. It was hard enough to make the dang kit fit together in the 1st place. My mechanic wanted a small fortune to do it, so a buddy of mine (an ole street racer), a 12 pack, and I did it. There was a lot of "hey watch this" but we got everything working. In short I'm not about to take the carb. apart unless I have to. That is a "hateful" job.

Re the Cops. I got pulled over last fri. & the officer who pull me was more interested in whether I had a drivers license than a legal ped. I was doing re 40. In this state you don't need a license for a ped, however the law does prohibit you from operating a ped if your license has been revoked. Guys around here try to use a ped to get around after their license has been revoked for a DWI. Not my case, I just enjoy riding the ped. However, the motorcycle officer who arrived while he was checking my license was another story. I just admitted to the biturbo and said the original one had rusted out & I replaced it. He looked at the carb. & the head. I know he knew, but he didn't say anything. They just let me go and said be careful.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account