batavus

whats a good price for a late 70's early 80's batavus starflite compleate needing a tune up?

Re: batavus

complete & running ~ 200-400

complete & nonrunning ~ 50-150

are they good peds?

They are good peds. I have a 1978 Regency but parts are real hard to come by for the major stuff

Always wanted one, I imagine with that 7:1 compression and belt drive they ought to be smooth, quiet and dependable. The seats look comfy too. Seems like the perfect bike for long rides.

I'm not an expert on Bat's but I believe that there are ZERO bolt on performance parts for them, if you care at all.

nah...not in Florida

Even in good running condition a seller would be lucky to get $250 for a Batavus. Needing a tune up, what kind of tune up? If it needs a clutch or anything major walk away, if it's just a gummed up carb offer somewhere around a hundred...

Be prepared to be slow. Bats are great bikes (I've had 3 M48's and wouldn't buy anything but those or the Peugeot engined versions), but painfully slow and small (not the pug). With the way everyone around has been souping up their peds you'll be left in the dust on most group rides. Then again they make nice Sunday cruisers.

Alex Russell-Wilkes /

I love my HS50, you can't buy any "bolt on" upgrades but they can go fast, you just have to get into the specific 2 stroke tuning mods and the making of custom parts. Eight now I'm having Graham Motzing do some maching work and porting on my cylinder and head. He's also making me a custom Bat intake so I can hook up a Dellorto to it. I still have to find a pipe to weld up to it. Good condition, I say go for it.

I love bats and have had a few. No bolt up performance but an m48 does a solid 25mph and they are super reliable. Id pay anything from $100-$250 and i payed $300 for a super minty one once

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

My HS-50 is a totally stock 30mph version. Tuned properly she does 32 even with the encarvi.

Tim'a parts score included lots of Batavus parts including many many clutches, so fear not on those. There are also complete NOS forks ,in various colors. If anyone needs Bat parts contact me, he has them stored at my house.

Dincus Dunkus Douglas /

i have a m48 starflite, i hit 30 pretty easy on flats. i did the famous clutch mod, took out the exhaust baffle, I'm gonna mill down the bottom end a bit to get that extra power out of the smaller cylinder.

plus i plan on strapping on a dellorto over the encarwi later on, and i hear that adds a few mph.

I love mine, super reliable, 30ish seems fast enough for me. plus if its the top tank version then you will reek of sex

well, i got it $100.00 bucks and it suposedly runs i'll see when i pick it up next week.

does anyone know where i could get a rear wheel for a batavus starflite? anyone have a parts bike?

now

does it have the M48 or the M56 engine?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account