Moped Insurance

Any good moped insurance in Pennsylvania? I got dropped by Dairyland insurance, got quotes from progressive and Geico both were over $500 a year for full tort! cant believe this! there has to be something out there? anyone know of someone local?

Re: Moped Insurance

State Farm charged me about $86 for just liability for a year in PA.

Do you have a DUI or something? Geico charges me 40 bucks a year for my moped with 5000 comprehensive for theft. Did you tell them it was kitted or something?

fallout Survivor /

Those prices were way way high...find another agent.

DAM' Fairchild /

i wouldnt even worry about insurance on a ped.save your money for something u realy need.a cop would have to be a total dick head to give a girl a ticket for riding a moped without insurance.

I do it because I'd rather have it if I get pulled over to avoid any further interrogation... not to mention if it gets stolen I get paid.

Why did Dairyland drop you and why do you need "full tort"?

My wife got State farm and she pays way too much. I haven't gotten mine insured yet but I plan on doing it through geico. They don't have mopeds on their website for quotes, but 50-70cc motorcycles only go for about $50 a year, so I can't imagine a moped would be any more.

I definitely wouldn't bother with full coverage either, unless you always leave your moped unattended in the street. I don't use mine for transportation so it's never sitting anywhere for too long to need anything more than a good lock.

Tell them it's 49cc instead of 50cc. Maybe it will fall out of their "category" and save you a few bucks.

My father is a cop and said he wouldn't waste time pulling over a moped. And he works in a town with nothing better to do. I wouldn't worry. Besides, it's not required by law to have insurance to ride a moped in massachusetts. Sucks that PA requires that.

I hav progressive in NH and it's $99 a year. Liab. And medic. I would call them again that sounds just way too high. Our you get pulled over just say you didn't know.

Try Foremost or Riders Insurance. They were pretty close in price.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account