State Farm Insurance

I called to get insurance on my both the 1979 Puch Newports today and the State Farm agent told me that they (State Farm) will not be insuring foreign motorcycles/mopeds anymore. The agent said this is due to the increase in cost of replacement parts. I told her that I only needed liability, and she said that it doesn't matter, find another carrier. I have been with state farm for 18 years and she still couldn't help me out. I called a local mopeder that gave me a lead on a different carrier, I will try them tomorrow.

Re: State Farm Insurance

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

I go through American Family.

I have Progressive - the only option is liability, because they cannot determine the value of a customized older moped. It would be $78 a year, but since I have 4 scooters insured with them it is only $28 a year - not bad!

i have state farm, but i am in a different state. would that matter? have 5 mopeds insured

I call my local state farm and they wanted me to pay 600$ every 6 months. Damn ex girlfriends parents.

i've been using them in oregon for 2 years, is that a new policy?

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i have two state farm PA policy @ 55$ yr each, written last august or so. best i have found in PA is nationwide, 3 peds @ 75$/yr, but if you're only insuring one you should look at a few other options.

The agent said it is a new State Farm Policy that no foreign peds, scooters or motorcycles that don't have readily available parts here in the states cannot be insured by them. She said that she cannot even insure brand new Jap scooters that a local dealer was selling.

Tell tham about treats and 77 !!!

Rider insures in PA. http://rider.com/

damn i pay $180 year from Statefarm in PA for one moped and have a perfect record.... need to make a phone call!

Joe did you try foremost let me know what they say

I just renewed my moped insurance with State Farm about a month ago.

Just bought liability insurance from Progressive in CA. $82/year. Ripoff?

I guess it's too late now anyway.

I called Foremost and should have an answer today...I hope. I got an online quote from Riders last night---One ped = $60/year, two peds = $60/year for both. Go figure. Progressive wants $97/year.

Unapproved Message (moderated by simon)

http://www.jordanfromchina.com/

online wholesale handbags,purse,wallets,bags

replica gucci lady purse in stores,

wholesale discount fendi purses,bags,

leather chanel,louis vuitton handbags,belts

authentic armani,cartier sunglasses from china,

china hot sale ed hardy,coach brand bags,wallets,

retail high quality boss,dsquared belts,

mens sunglasses for prada,chanel,gucci,fendi...

discount wholesale dolce gabbana,ray ban sungalsses,

wholesale rolex watches,new era cap & hats...

Payment way: Paypal,Creadit Card,Western Union

Email: jordanfromchina@yahoo.com.cn

It appears as if State Farm has different policys I just paid $86.89 for 1 bike,1 yr. just liability. In PA.

wow, progressive quoted me $180 a year, allstate and geico dont offer insurance to "pedal mopeds" which is retarded. and i havent tried anyone else. any suggestions for Arizona?

I ended up going with Riders Insurance...$60/year for two mopeds. Foremost Insurance was second at $66/year for both and everyone else was just way out of reach.

Who's The Master? Sho Nuff !! /

I am in Arizona and pay progressive $75/year for liability.

I got quoted by proggresive 285 a year for three peds and 298 by foremost in Illinois, it seems as though it varies a decent amount from state to state.

My wife has hers on state farm and it's way way too much. She pays more for her moped than I do for my motorcycle on geico. I wouldn't be too upset over it.

The ironic part of the whole thing is, they've cut off every single reliable and cheap motorcycle left on the planet, and apparently will only be insuring Harley and a few others, who are some of the least reliable, and most expensive motorcycles there are. Now "american motorcycles" is also another joke. Even if it was assembled here, the entire thing was still made in Asia, and the whole american image is kind of a joke. They could've said "too many kids keep flipping their japanese sportbikes, so we're only going to insure Harleys", but that's not what they said.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account