Derbi Variant Revolution crew checkin

Hey guys,

I really only know four people with these bikes. I'm wondering if any more happen to have them. They are much different from your normal variant, but very similar at the same time.

So far I only know of

Myself

Derbi Dan

SaabsonnettGuy

One of Cuperzacks buddies

I'm working on getting more performance out of mine, specifically ignition related right now. Also I'm struggling to keep my ignition system from arcing across my bike's body. I'm wondering if there are stator issues or other issues i'm having.

Maybe we could set up a google wave or bump this thread whenever we come across something that might be of use.

Re: Derbi Variant Revolution crew checkin

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Tony (racer squid) has one. It's cuperAwesom-O that has one here. There are more I'm sure. I think Ed has a few. Also the RI guys (John) has one.

I

Italkit may make a ignition..

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

you mean selettra?

mattology - /

I"m looking for a legit ignition for this bike. The stator does not mount to a plate, but it bolts directly to the case. the stator is exactly like this:

see how it bolts with those two screw/bolts? Basically that exact stator, minus the stator plate.

Ideas?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

tig?

mattology - /

TIG as in I shoudl tig weld up material for studs on for a normal stator plate to mount to? I guess i could tig up some mountains, then mill them flat, and drill and tap holes. I would need to heat-treat the case after welding though b/c it would go dead soft after welding.

ben jammin has one. water cooled scooter kit and shit. it's pretty nuts.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

ben jammin's is now tom's.

mattology - /

ah alright. yeah i know about ben's. he's running a minarelli horizontal polini kit. awesome setup. that thing has to be making almost 20hp, right?

There's one in Kentucky...or is it Louisiana

not no more.. :).. got it last year!

I have one.

I will have another one sort of.

I sourced a flat reed frame/swingarm and a revolution engine.

There is actually a dude I found parting one out.

Slowly I am like buying the whole bike from him. Piece by piece.

What are you guys running as far as variators and clutches and such?

It looks real scootery in there. I am thinking there might be some room to swap there. Possibly GY6 four stroke scooter shit. I can't confirm this, its just that when I was playing with my revolution stuff I thought right away the size/shape was really similar.

Thats it wher I got it. Picture it without that deady bear sticker or the number chalked on the seat and with the rusty pipe cleaned up and painted.

Its one of my favorite bikes for sure. They are just so fast. Faster than any scooter I have ever ridden. Accept this one Aprilia.

You guys should post pictures of yours.

Pablo Puchasso /

There is one in SoCal too.

Revo numero uno with about 225 miles

1269549471_dscn1468.jpg

My first Revolution. It has a Start3 motor on it with the huge transfers. It's got a stock top end, a motomatic pipe and a 16.16 sha and it hits 54 mph.

1269549693_dscn1470.jpg

Dan you are one lucky man! I need a derbi Bad!!!!!

mattology - /

here is mine.

1269550766_myrevolution.jpg

Mat wheels look tight! Are those Tomos forks?

mattology - /

yeah, Tomos hydraulic forks from treatland for disc brake-d-ness.

vortex racing clipons

tomos streetmate wheels, brake, stuff. i'm getting ready to put the 16" hoop on the front, once i figure it out and get some time.

Start 3 engine eh?

Where did you find one of those in the states?

I thought those were in the derbi dormant period between the DS50 and the revolution?

I was thinking I would like disc brakes too, but I can like lock up the wheels and do stoppies and shit.

Also, I like that DS50.

Dan: Was that you who said you had a start V engine on a flat reed variant frame?

mattology - /

yeah, dan has a revolution powered variant sport ( start 5)

The Start 3 came from overseas. My variant sport has a revolution engine and swing arm, it's my favorite bike to ride. It's funny to see the look on peoples faces when that thing rips their rental scooter to pieces.

mattology - /

I can't wait to run along side you again dan. That bike is absolutely retarded fast. Are any other revolutions coming to whiskey business?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

god damnit. School is no fun.

Dan: What all did you have to do to get that start V engine on there?

Did you need a revolution swing arm? Rear tire?

Also, what are you guys going as far as sprockets and variators and clutches?

mattology - /

polini makes a performance variator. my stock variator is slowly wearing out, the ramp plate steel backing plate thing is about done for..

241.570 VARIATOR DERBI HUNTER-CAGIVA

I'm 99% sure that this variator fits the revolution. But since I haven't ordered it yet I can't verify it.

I'm using a tomos wheel so i have options from 48T - 20T for the rear. italian sprockets + tomos sprockets = insane gearing options.

The tomos streetmate wheel goes right on and spaces perfectly. brake plate / chain / all of it.

13/33 gives me 51mph, 13/22 goes almost 70. It should do 75 on paper, and i've about near maxed it out at that speed going over the bridge, but I don't have a gps. all i know is that it's way faster than i've ever gone, even on my aprilia RS50.

22 / 24 / 26 / 28 / 31 / 32 / 33 / 36 / 40 are all available for me now for out back. Up front I have 13 and 17 right now for options. So if i were to go racing, i'm pretty sure i could have a gearing solution.

I believe it uses a derbi senda front sprocket, that's what dan says as far as i know.

It also uses a similar to a honda DIO clutch. so you can get a polini clutch for it.

249.049 CLUTCH PIAGGIO 50 3 SHOES F.RACE

I'm pretty sure this clutch will fit the revolution. But again... i haven't tried it myself, i've just cross referenced Start 5 part numbers with regular numbers.

the stock variator uses 17x12 and i've experimented a bunch with weight. I have had good luck using about 20g of weight in mine i believe.

Hebo.. is the vario and .. lc kit you want to blast. its salty but with it. they make cranks also.

mattology - /

Oh dont' worry, bike has some hebo on the way...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account