jawa babetta revived..sort of

fallout Survivor /

Yet another moped revived... A 70s jawa babbetta due to a broke solder wire on the low tension sensing coil, bad timing, and a bad thyristor...

Ah the sound of spring...... moped reving good.!

Re: jawa babetta revived..sort of

fallout Survivor /

stock , unrestored except repairs..

1269368308_dscf0357.jpg

fallout Survivor /

pic 2

1269368432_dscf0359.jpg

Nice! I love 207s! I especially like the sound the exhaust makes while decelerating under load. WAAAALALALALALALALAAAAAaaaaaa...... Coolest moped noise ever!

Record sound to share with all

Looks just like mine, only less rust.

why is there no tension on your pedal chain?

Vlado vlado /

John, I see missing front forks dust covers "gators"- if you need them let me know, could bring them and another parts back from Slovakia in May when I visit there

So sue me..

fallout Survivor /

the pedal chain needs adjustment for sure....

Vlado.. please advise me.. honestly I want to keep this bike , like completely stock,,, and run it. I guess I dont know what part you are talking about..

I pulled the rear wheel and replaced the inner tube. the configuration of the rear wheel is a bit odd. One side of the axle nut is fixed and you have to bull the nut axle assembly out . That is odd. But I did replace the bad inner tube and tommorrow I will fix the wiring etc.

What did you do to fix the Thyristor? My Transistor had the red Tranzimo unit that was included on the older 207's. I had to completely remove it and replace it with the cdi from a Honda Spree. Did you just find another Thyristor or did you replace it with something else?

that should be in my collection not yours

The article in the wiki is great for making your own thyristor, the hardest part is finding a case to put it in! seriously, both cheap, and effective.

You know, a spring loaded chain tensioner would be a nice improvement.

no the best improvement you could make to that Jawa is to give it to me

thyristor/spark woes.

fallout Survivor /

The bike I had originally had the tranzimo , which may actually have been functional. At some point in fustration I trashed that . I failed to check continuity of the ignition coil which had a bad solder connection.

Assumming the tranzimo was bad, I bought the stator ring for the thyristor coil combo. and a coil and a thyristor (still have and they are for sale).

because those did not work, I bought on ebay the thyristor coil combined unit they still sell in slovak land. when that did not work, upon Vlados advice I checked the ig coil on the stator ring and found the wire was not connected to the solder connection, so I resoldered that and then everything worked..

I also have the parts for the make it yourself thyristor..

"Nice! I love 207s! I especially like the sound the exhaust makes while decelerating under load. WAAAALALALALALALALAAAAAaaaaaa

nah i agree that jawa is the best sounding moped

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account