What will it be? Looking @ Minarelli top tank tank

So I'm going to go and pickup a bike with the description..."it's a flat black Minarelli high tanker with mag wheels."

Re: What will it be? Looking @ Minarelli top tank

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

A MOPED?

Rob what is it

sebring?

concord shadow?

If it's a Sebring w/ Minarelli, it would be a rare bird indeed. I'd love if it would turn out to be a Concord Shadow, or a repainted Cimatti, Baretta, or something.

Odds are it's a General 5-Star or a Safari of some kind, but I've rarely had either of these with mags.

My guess would be Sebring. cause they always have mags.

my vote is safari.

the safari turbos had mags didnt they? wouldnt be a bad find

I have a mid 80s Safari Turbo and it has spokes. The Variomatics ones I have all have spokes. Finding another one of these would be great too.

i have seen a few safaris with snowflakes.

And a Safari it is...and a seized one at that. Actually it ended up being 2 bikes. It also came along with a late model Garelli parts bike.

1269368663_0323101352.jpg

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

haha got your wish about that seat on my safari

wow, and 5 stars to boot! good deal. are they sealed bearing? that seat is jacked up to the sky

Yes, a nice early style Safari seat is a tough find. This one was recovered well at some point in its lifetime. I would assume that there are sealed bearings in these wheels, although I didn't actually check. I'll go over the wheels, tires and brakes after the engine rebuild is completed tomorrow.

Sweet! I like Safaris better anyway. I think those are the same 16" mags that I have on my Safari. I put mine on after the fact ( came with busted spokes) but they are sealed bering.

You're riht. Safaris are a great bike. I've have a set of these same wheels (in gold) on another bike. I've rarely seen them anywhere else.

Mr. Schatz your Safari would be a lot more squishy with that big seat on there. Is that really what the stock seats looked like on those?

That the correct seat (recovered). Safari began using the rectangular style seats after 1980 or 81 I think.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account