Some CL people just don't get it

_I've had an ongoing email war going on with this guy and I thought it's worth a laugh so here it is (he is in regular text and i'm the bold...hopefully I got it all right):_

Hi!

I just saw your ad for the moped and got so excited, but then saw that the ad said the moped was sold. You must be new to craigslist and hey, it is great to see new comers! When and item is sold, it is much easier and quicker to remove the ad than to make an addition to the existing ad text. If you don't know how to do this I would be happy to help via email. I would hate to have people think that you are incredibly lazy and rude! Have a great day!!!!!!!

Or its that I had a bunch of people email me about it and it was better to show that it was sold on CL than email the 30 some people that were interested in it thatit was sold.

Well you had time to return my email right? And that took what....30-40 seconds? Look, it sounds like you are offended and I am sorry for that.......sincerely. People are just frustrated by others not following the craigslist rules.......craigslist clearly asks that people do not put "sold" when an item has been sold. They ask that people delete the ad. Again, it wastes people's time.

No it says don't make a new ad saying it's sold. Instead you are supposed to put sold in your old ad so quit being an ass.

My previous emails have been polite.......I have apologized, I have told you to have a nice day, etc. You sound like a real class act considering your last email. So again, have a nice day and do not email me again.

No they weren't polite. You were calling me "new to craigslist" when you don't even know the guidelines. I've been using it for around 3 years. You missed out on what I was selling and now you decided to try to become this craigslist hall monitor. Get over it. Emailing me after it was sold wasn't gonna do anything and the ad doesn't affect you. So get off your high horse and quit trying to play this nice guy routine. I'm always polite when I sell things until someone butts in where they don't belong.

Swearing at me and calling me things like "Mr. Nice Guy" in emails is not making me happy.......Do you understand me? I am going to ask you one more time.......Please DO NOT email me again. Have a nice day and let's just let this go.

_I dropped it and then he still sends me this:_

Lastly, I have just finished an email to craigslist reporting your profanity and refusal to stop emailing me after I clearly asked you to do so. Email me again and I will contact the authorities.

_I don't recall using profanity unless he is referring to the word "ass" which isn't a swear and I think its just funny how he doesn't find it wrong to repeatedly email me but if I do it then he's going to tattle. Plus what authorities? Nobody gives a shit about his little cry baby problems which he instigated._

Also is it wrong to put "sold" in your ad and leave it up for a couple days to inform the interested parties that it is no longer available?

Re: Some CL people just don't get it

Dude, you're a dick.

Fish tits Krauthamer /

yeah, this post just makes you look like a prick

it comes across as you just stating that he's lazy and rude, really. I don't see the point of the initial email.

Why am i a dick? The moped was sold so why does he need to email me about it. Plus the first email he said' "I would hate to have people think that you are incredibly lazy and rude!"....to me that is pretty much a cowards way of calling me lazy and rude. He didn't need to tell me what I should and shouldn't do.

you were very condescending.

Cheeks - He sent the initial email.

OH

haha.

I think the initial email was pretty tongue in cheek and sarcastic. The initial emailer (not the bold one) seems to be trying to provoke.

If the guy emailing saw the sold on the ad, then no big deal...he should have just moved on.

Fish tits Krauthamer /

oh i thought you sent the first email. all of that is very unclear

Sorry for any confusion. I'm the bold

Haha when I read that i was going to say you were a dick too.

Then I realized you were the seller, not the prick who e-mailed the seller.

Thing is, I bet the other guy is a regular on this site.

You should reply to him and be very apologetic and long winded and make it a nice and long e-mail.

And write it all in caps.

I was kinda hoping he would make a visit here. I SHOULD DO ALL CAPS but I am thinking about waiting a month and then posting an ad on craigslist where he would be giving away a free something or other and then use the famous "this is my friend's account so email me at (his email address) only to get a response" line so his email is flooded with crap emails for something that he doesn't even have. Then again, I will prolly just drop it.

When I was a first time CL seller I too put "sold" in the ad I had up and got an email from someone that said " who fucking cares, Take the ad down" :/

jay z once said that a wise man once said never to argue with fools because people from a distance cant tell whose who.

you both sound like dicks here. the fact that you are arguing with some random stranger about who is more right about maybe the least important thing in the history of the universe is kind of unbecoming. thumbs down.

I was going to take the ad down today but maybe I'll just leave it up til it expires.

The little war took place over the period of maybe 25min and then I did decide it was dumb and quit emailing back. then when I didn't email back he sent that last email about reporting me, an hour and a half after his previous one....he was still trying to continue the child play.

i thought you were the normal text and the bold was some stupid asshole you were fighting with

then i realized you were the bold text.

xxXxXX XxxxxxXX /

Even though the rules say to just delete the ad when the things sell, I REALLY think it's better to mark it SOLD and then after a few days delete it. Like I think when you can edit the ads, there should be a SOLD button that will automatically turn the ad listing RED or something, and then have it expire in like 5 days automatically. That would be a good indicator for someone rather than have it vanish and not know why. I get super frustrated when I want something and haven't gotten a response, then it disappears. I mean it's fairly obvious why, but it's nice to have closure :)

Removing the ad tells me the item has been sold.

It just creates clutter IMO.. It's sold.. get over it.. move on to the next item.

But in the end people are going to do what they want on CL.. It's free service, and until the CL people themselves do something about it, it will keep happening, so we should just get used to it.

the craigslist guidelines very clearly say to delete the ad when the item sells, and they say specifically not to just add the word 'sold'.

if the item is sold, then there is no need for the ad to exist in the first place. The guy was a pretty big dick to call you out on it, but he was still correct.

i do "SALE PENDING" if i have a potential taker, but the second the item is out of my hands, the ad is GONE

Post his email so we can all talk to him

I'm not going to post his email unless something comes of it.

Also CL guidelines must have changed from when I first started using it because before they just didn't want you to make a new ad saying it was sold but rather add sold to the previous ad.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account