NY license plate orientation

Fish tits Krauthamer /

i got popped yesterday for having a vertical license plate. i thought i remember someone posting something about that being ok in NY. ive googled my brains out and came up with nothing. anyone have a link to whatever thread it was in or a link to the law info?

Re: NY license plate orientation

my brother never has a problem with his sideways plate on his maxi. but were up by buffalo in the country so they must just not care

I live in NY and recently made a post asking if it was kosher to have a sideways plate, because that's the only kind of bracket that 1977's sells, and someone told me it would be ok. technically its probably not ok, but 9 times outta 10 they're not going to care. he musta just got a dick cop lookin' to kill some time. after i registered my new ped a couple weeks ago i didn't have the right bolts for my plate bracket so i just tied the plate to my backpack and went for a spin. I only had it registered less than an hour before i got pulled over for not having my plate on the vehicle. cop was ok and let me go though. i really wasn't supprised to see those lights flashing. the first thing he says is "you gotta know why i'm stoppin' ya right?"

I'm just glad the bright neon green nylon chord i used to tie up the license place distracted him from the fact that my brake light and tail light were out, and that i didn't have any mirror on the bike. you win some you lose some.

Fish tits Krauthamer /

yep. ive been stopped 2 times in the last 2 days for BS. both times they let me go but not after making me wait for 30-45 minutes. its just irritating really. im not breaking any laws, its just their ignorance

Fish tits Krauthamer /

thank you

Ohio specifically states that moped must have horiz. mounted plates.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account