PUHLEEZ post a pic of tomos dual stage reeds

installed.

im to stupod for the instructions apparently/

need a picture of boyensen dual stage reeds installed on tomos reed block.

tanks

Re: PUHLEEZ post a pic of tomos dual stage reeds

i'll show you in a few days, when i get mine.

so id posted earlier... but apparently it didnt make it through?

either way, chance, are you having issues with the reeds sitting flat? and better yet, are you putting them on a kit.. dont put them anywhere near a kit, especially on a torque monster like a tomos. good way to throw away $30 worth of reeds

Probably Fred /

Why. I run them on 2 polini powered maxis and go 50mph

no breakie after 2 seasons

Pablo Puchasso /

Bump for Chance

chance, i found these old pics. it's for a puch polini, but same thing.

then i destroyed them.

hahaha.ok well i am going with this set up right heerrrrrrrr.

70cc treats puch reed cage cylinder kit.

daelim intake

16 sha delorto

so...my problem is....i dont understand wtf is going on.

so its like this- big window reed/smaller window reed/petal reed

but on the stock cage the little bolts,bolt into the big metal "guide?" on the reed block. i dont know what it is or what it does,or if i am putting this on the new setup.

i wish you'd just post a picture so i didnt sound like a retard.

no offense to retarded mopeders out there.

retard.

did you write that before i posted my photos...or are you still confused with those pictures. now i'm confused.

The metal guide on the stock tomos reed block prevents the reeds from overextending. You could keep it, remove it and use the thing that comes with the reeds like gaber's pic or maybe bend it open slightly. Some people run without it, but I'd prefer to keep it, it might extend the life of the reeds a bit.

oh shit.we were adding to this thread simutaneously . i missed it.....thanks!

how did you destroy those?

would the metal guide help?

There's two different size reed blocks, so you gotta use the dif reed depending on which one it is. You can figure out which to use by the bolt spacing. So, reed block on bottom, then the big hole reed, then the petals, then the stopper on top(blue or black). Or the petal stop if you wanna use it.

Those treats reed kits are weird, the exhaust is a weird shape. It's like, hard to get the exhaust manifold to seal.

no problem dude. I managed to do that in under a 100 miles, so I think I just had a bad set. Nate had the hobbit version and put over 15,000 miles on them (without the big bendy reed stop) on his super hobbit and they still look great. I also haven't heard of anyone else having that problem. out of curiosity, what's the reed thickness of the different layers?

this is my boyesen after about 500 miles , while it _was_ working it was good, nice power, i would like to try another one , but i'm sure i can trust it

so where am i supposed to find teeny philips head bolts that are a bit longer than the stock,with a beveled head...

i hate that i have to special order special hardware with these things.

should come with em

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account