Re: new ped, first time out today

lyman /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

i sold the sebring a few weeks ago. the sebring, my project maxi, and this stock runner were all from MoPedlar in north jersey. real cool guy that really knows his shit fixing/restoring stock bikes, and his prices are always fair. i got this one for $300, and it's complete and runs. it had been sitting in a garage for the winter, so its just taking a little tweaking to get it right... each time i ride it, it runs a little better.... sort of cleaning out the cobwebs so to speak. It's a 1.5 hp maxi luxe, which came stock with the cast iron high torque cylinder. I like it a lot so far. my next steps will probably be to de-restrict the exhaust, and install a high flow air filter... possibly a hi-comp head, but i'm not sure if an aftermarket alluminum head will work out on this particular cylinder, but it probably will.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account