new ped, first time out today

Lyman /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so i registered my new maxi-luxe this afternoon. the bolts that i had were too big to connect the plate bracket to the frame, so i just tied it to my backpack and i was on my way. first impression: that high torque cylinder is great... lots of pull on the low end. I was noticing that it would only accelerate at about 1/2 throttle... any more, and it would bog a little bit, making it difficult hitting 20... my first thought is the needle setting, but i'm open to opinions. it does start easy and idle well though.

i rode to a couple places in town, and on my way home, i got pulled over for the first time on a ped... because of the license plate on my backpack... the cop was pretty cool about it though, didn't write a ticket or anything... i just explained that i had only had the plate for an hour, and i even had the bracket in my backpack and i was going to attach it.

cop: you're goin' oldschool

me: yes sir, it's a 1978

cop: you gotta be shittin' me.... ain't you freezing on that thing?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account