Looking for stainless bolts Puch Maxi

It would be so awesome if someone put together a full stainless bolt set for an entire ped. I am trying to get all stainless for my Maxi and not many places sell stainless metric.

Re: Looking for stainless bolts Puch Maxi

Nobody likes a bully. * /

you could also go to the hardware store lazybones.

Nobody likes a bully. * /

i'm lazy too, i would have ordered them myself but mojo dragged me to the hardware store. saved like 13 bucks, more if i were to include shipping.

we're about to start selling a full chrome hardware bolt kit for an entire puch maxi with ebr's i think. all allen head bolts. sick as fuck.

Re:

I bought all stainless allen head hardware for an e50 and it cost me about 50 bux

Re:

Sluggerknuckles /

I don't want them just for the engine. I want to replace every bolt and nut on the bike. And all the hardware stores near me barely have any metric stainless. I can probably score a few 8s, but I want the wheel nuts and all in stainless. A full kit would be the shit.

Re:

Treats sells individual metric bolts. I don't know if they're stainless, I just remember they were silver, as opposed to those flat black ones they sell at home depot. Pepboys selection is pretty poor too. I'm going to replace all the old ones before I put my Tomos A3 back together, I'm tired of having to build it with a giant screwdriver. It's one thing to find the 6mm x 25mm bolts, but good luck with the 65mm long one.

Will anything happen to those matte black bolts you find at home depot if they're inside the motor? I can't remember what the coating is called, but considering all the oil inside the motor, is there anyway they would corrode still?

I have seen this kit on ebay, but I think I need something like 14+ of the 25mm bolts, and 1 of the 65mm bolts, so I'd have to take a bunch of the longer ones and cut them all to the right length. Not sure it's worth it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stainless-60pc-Bolt-Set-Tomos-Vespa-Sachs-Derbi-Elite_W0QQitemZ360230480122QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53df68e8fa

Re:

This is the best list we've got going so far:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_Maxi_Hardware_list

I would love to see more people add to that, though. Also, it would be nice to see hardware for other Puchs too - Free Spirits, Swinger/Pintos, Magnums....

And if you want cheaper stainless metric allen heads, go to Fastenal. I walked in there with a list of the stuff I needed -- engine screws, clutch cover screws, kickstand screws, and the two flywheel cover screws, and it was just over $10. Had I done that at the hardware store, it would have been double that, if not more.

Re:

boltdepot.com

Super fast shipping and cheap

can order single pieces way cheaper than the hardware store

Im lucky enough to have bolts at work on the shelf ;)

Re:

Re:

Tacoma screw is actually cheaper than bolt depot but you have to deal with bad attitudes and irritating bullshit.

Re:

Vlado vlado /

great !

I am using as much as possible stainless hardware, buying from local hardware store, paid much more then this, will order from them for my future projects, thanks!

Re:

Sluggerknuckles /

That list is fucking rad. Any idea what size the wheel nuts are? I'm hitting up the local fastenal tomorrow.

sluggerknuckles /

Does anyone know where I can get m11 nuts in stainless?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account