Tomos top speed

Hello. I am thinking of buying a wrecked Tomos A35. About how fast are they in stock form? What size motor do they have? Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Tomos top speed

Here's a pic of it. Thanks.

1266106825_tomos.jpg

Should do 30 no problem.

Atleast 30mph stock, 50cc motor, clean up the ports and all that good stuff you can get in the upper 40's with a pipe and upjet..

tomos speeds depend highly on the geography in which they are situated. Are you out of NJ?

KC Missouri area.

A stock Tomos does about 30-33 mph. I have seen & ridden a stock cylinder that does 45 mph. Granted it was ported by Devin and was accompanied with a 16 SHA and Homoet pipe, but 45mph none the less on a stock cylinder. I also owned a Pintomos that did 42mph on a stock cylinder so those who say 40+ is a lie or blame the Tomos speedo are full of it.

With a pipe it will do 35-40.

no one says 40 is bs. we call 55-60 bs if it's some kid from nj who had to ask how to put on a pipe. no one called bs when shaw claimed 69 on a stock cylinder. stock they do 30 ish

He's kidding about NJ. Standard joke here.

Tomos top speed

It's a 50 cc engine.

does 60+ in NJ with only a BiTurbo pipe... check it out...

Frank Horrigan /

the a35 is a great engine, does about 30-35 stock, can do 40+ easy.

ive gotten my stock cylinder up to 43 on a good day on the flats, with estoril 15mm intake, bored out 14.14 carb, 62 or 64 jet i beleive, high flow filter, boyeson reeds......cylinder was ported. i went off a bicycle speedometer that i calibrated and gps'd with the tomtom to make sure it was calculated right.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

A35 does 30-32 stock. The Tomos speedometer is notoriously generous. The pinheads screwed up te conversion formula from kph to mph so they always read about 5mph faster at top speed than reality. That is a lot of the reason that there are many claims of speed that seem a little out of the norm.

Tomos is the cheapest and easiest ped to make really fast. Kits are cheap, pipes are cheap, and you can drill out the stock intake and drop on a 15/15 for chump change. Add a $10 27 tooth sprocket for the front and you are really ripping.

With the four tings I just mentioned which total around $225 total, you can expect around 50 mph!

Thanks for replys. It was wrecked, and needs new frame/forks. Other than that, it looks like it's ok. I can get it for $50 running. I attached a pic.

1266177485_tomos.jpg

My stock 05 Sprint with an A35 will go 34mph on flat. Doubt that is accurate though. My friend's 96 TT LX is sometimes 3mph higher or lower than what mine says. The odometers are way off, mine will be 1/2 mi when his is 1/6 mi. Going to be comparing mine to a car this spring.

Cold Trailer GARzan Justin /

Griggs, maybe I can refer you to MopedSTL break>

It's not just Saint Louis; KC (and Lawrence, and Columbia) has a forum on there too. Post up!

Thanks.

DurdanRIP-RIP /

geez.. wheres all the dudes barnstoming this guy with "use the search button" answers like i got? haha

tomos questions about top speeds of stock cylinders aren't nearly as common as ' i want to make a the most talked about moped manufactuer the most discussed topic . what should i do? ' thread lol

i want a tomos

Oh lol. I was wondering...

Drew Gulliver /

I got my 78 A3SP to go 45 MPH with better than stock acceleration. This is with stock piston/porting/cylinder/compression, and stock exhaust. Its got different sprockets, jetting, modded intake box, modded baffle, and high RPM shift mod.

Careful tuning is important to get the most out of any 2 stroke setup. Much extra power can be coaxed from stock by tuning for high RPMs.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account