Ceramic or Glass Gas tank: Bad Idea?!?

Doing some custom work on the ped, and want to get real crazy, thinking about making a top tank from blown glass or ceramics. I am sure I could figure out a way to mount it and not having cracking/vibration issues.

BUT,

Im just thinking: Wreck - tank shatters - gas and glass all over me - spark - Human BBQ....

What do you think?

Re: Ceramic or Glass Gas tank: Bad Idea?!?

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

That has got to be one of the mst shit-hole stupid ideas I have heard in a while.

Fish tits Krauthamer /

do it! dont think just do

I think there's a good possiblity it would be illegal.

paper mache works better i heard

Nobody likes a bully. * /

i hear water balloons work pretty well.

Do glass with a plastic coating on the outside like windshields!

You might try making it out of Nalgene, it's a transparent plastic that would look like glass but not shatter or crack.

what the hell is that?

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

whatever that thing is its fuckin cool other than the shitty motor.

I think it's a glass gas tank, made to look like a heart muscle.

^^^ Fucking Ill!

I could make a mold and pour a resin shell... better idea? That might be what the heart is made of...

uuuuuugly.

Get Somebody to blow a glass cover for an existing top tank. That way the glass isn't holding the gas, and if its transparent enough, you could play with the color underneath.

Probably Fred /

Plastic tanks might catch on somday

"blow a glass cover for an existing top tank" - smart

Yep, and then I wanna see ya slip the tank into it.

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

racers=fiberglass tanks

a glass gas tank with with a rag for a gas cap would be cool

i've got that book, dude has built some bonkers bikes def not a function kinda thing but fun to look at fo sho

why not mold an acrylic or polycarbonate? be kind of like glass, except for its shard wont skewer you after an impact. i dont think acrylic is very good with fuel and solvents, but you could coat it maybe? i dont know.

a glass fuel tank has plenty of potential to be an epic fail, so i wont tell you not to do it.

Not to state the obvious but with a glass tank full of two stroke fuel you are exactly one flaming rag short of riding a molotov cocktail...

Definitely going to get your stuff impounded if you get pulled over for any reason. Cops have the option to cite/impound any vehicle for failure to conform to road safety regs..

while all of these things are true i remember a couple years ago on one of the biker build off shows, i think it was Chica out of california, used blown glass for an oil tank. im not sure how they made it but i just remember thinking all the reasons not to that have been mentioned here and then watching them throw it on the ground and it surviving. plus it looked freakin cool. and i saw a bike the other day with a jack daniels bottle for an oil tank. i know these arent fuel tanks but i think its possible. and i dont think you plan on using a glass tank for functionality so yeah im going to stop typing. just my two cents.

arent we all just one rag short of riding a malatov cocktail?

It you are gunna go totally wild and crazy don't settle for just glass! Add some swords and lasers.

yeah! or a living gas tank! like a badger with a belly full of premix.

Frostback Ditch /

I'd personally get mutated goldfish that can live in premix, then put them in a glass fuel tank. Just make sure to install a good fuel filter to catch any uneaten fish food.

Texture.

goldfish idea ftw.

but seriously, cool idea.

extremely dangerous results.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account